Chapter 3: Black Corvette

"They could never be pleasant"

"You forgot to eliminate the coefficient"

"Did that hurt" I point to his mouth.

"You need to combine the constants in order to continue with the problem"

"when you drink something does it go through the hole" I put a hand over my mouth to keep from snickering.

"Can you shut up, I want you to understand this so I can leave. We are not here to be friends.

" you don't have to be an asshole." I huff out  "I just trying to make these sessions more pleasant"

"They could never be pleasant"

I stand up from my chair shoving my things into my bag. I was being nice. He was a total jackass. He may be the hottest guy I've ever seen but his personality was anything but. I knew I was their to study but I hated every minute of it. I hated that I kept messing up and a part from all that I hated math. It wasn't just because I was bad at it, i just didn't find it enjoyable.

I walked out of the school and took my phone out of my pocket.

Me: mom, It ended early can you get me now?

My car was in the shop because my brakes gave out. I hated not having car. It took away my independence. I had to depend on my mom who was not alway dependable. My dad left us when I was 7. I have no idea where he is. Once a month he would send my child support check but that's about it.

Me: mom?

She chooses now not to answer?

I tap my foot phone in hand waiting for a text back. I was having a good day and he just damned it to hell. Everyone around me seemed to only care about themselves, no matter of who they hurt.

"Why are you still out here" Kace's voice caused me to jump. He put sunglasses on.

"My car's in the shop and my mom isn't answering my texts"

"Let me give you a ride" this catches me off guard.

Mean to me one second nice to me the next? What's his game?

"No, I'd rather hitchhike and get kidnapped then have have you give me a ride"

He looked at me

"Fine" I start walking putting a slight sway in my hips

When I get close to the car he cuts in front of me and swiftly opens the car door for me. And here I thought chivalry is dead. His car was a beautiful black corvette. The seats were a black leather. He had a complex radio. Blue light glowed within it. He had some loose change and a pack of cigarettes on his console.

"How does a highschool student afford such a car" I raise a brow

"I didn't steal if that's what your thinking" it was exactly what I was thinking.

"It wasn't" I lied

" you don't have to deny it. I would think the same if I saw someone like me with a car like this" great now I sound like a bitch. " Noah and I bought if for cheap, it was beat up. We fixed it up"

We drove in silence except for the low voice of me telling him where to go. He was a good driver. Easy stops, and nice turns. His slim hand gripped the steering wheels I could see thick veins on his arms and hands. His round sunglasses hun lazely on his eyes. He had a long silver industrial piercing  along with a regular ear piercing. I text my mom on the way.

Me: nevermind, I got a ride

When the car stopped in my driveway I asked

" Why are you tutoring me? You obviously don't want to"

He sighs leaning his head on the seat rest

" I have good grades but i'm always in trouble. They say if I can put my grades to good use they won't kick me out"

"Why do you even stay in school if you are just going to get in trouble all the time" my voice came out sharper than intended.

"It's none of your business. Are we done here?"

"Yeah I'm sorry Thank you for the ride" he said nothing as I got out.

I ran in the house as he drove away. I walked up my room and changed into sweats. I layed on my bed and opened my phone.

Mom: I'm so sorry, I was out and had my phone off.
Me; it's okay just tell me next time you turn your phone off
Mom: okay sweetheart I'll be home around 6.

My mom never had her phone off which was really weird. My mom was a pediatrician so she had her phone off for work but she wasn't working. She went out for the day to do some house shopping so I don't understand why she had her phone turned off.

I Grabbed my remote off my night stand and put on 'say yes to the dress'. Just as I started to get comfortable the doorbell rings. I run down stairs almost slipping on the wooden stairs due to socks. I open the door to find isabelle crying, mascara running down her face. She runs past me up to the stairs. I follow her to see that she is hugging a pillow on my bed. She is wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. I sit next to her and hold her

"I found him with a girl" she hiccuped.

"I know I know" I say rubbing her head.

Every time something happened with her and marcus she came to me. She was most of the time pissed at him but she has never come to me historic and crying like this. We sat in that position for I don't know how long when my mom walked in.
"Hi sweaties" she gave me a questioning look

'Marcus' I mouthed. I would explain to her later. She gave me a sad look

"Well I'm ordering a pizza. We can watch old reruns of 'friends' and eat junk food. Does that sound fun Isabelle"

"Yeah" Isabelle said wiping her eyes.

The rest of the night was spent eating junk food that would add 10 pounds to our hip and laughing to 'friends'. Isabelle seemed to forget about marcus for the time being but I know more would be said tomorrow. Through the laughter of the night my mind often strayed to the odd conversations with Kace.

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter!😭
New song: red corvette by prince❤️