Chapter 1: Failing

"Addy, you will get kicked off the team!"

'Mrs. greener I am failing algebra." I plopped in the blue boring chair. Mrs. greener looked  up from a bundle of paper work. Her blue eyes looked at me. She raised a thin eyebrow.

"You are almost failing all your classes" she says matter of factly.

She was correct. My grades consisted of Ds and low Cs. I had always had bad grades. Even in elementary school I never got the gold star. I was never the kid who won the spelling bee. I was the girl with a terrible case of dyslexia. People often laughed at me and called me a dumb blonde. They say the only thing I'm good at is cheerleading. They were not lying though. It was the only thing i'm good at.

"Almost failing, I have to be passing all my classes in order to stay on the cheer team" my voice sounded desperate.

I was desperate. The cheer team was my family. They were my sisters. We spent endless nights at cheer camp in the summer and huddling together in anticipation to see if we won state champions. I was co caption of the cheer team. The cheer captain was my best friend isabelle.

"Well the only option is a after school tutor. We can work it out to be on mondays and wednesdays so it won't interfere with practice or games." a miracle tutor would help me understand math but I was willing to try anything. It was my best shot.

"Who will be my tutor?" I ask. I really hope it isn't Mr. Ater.

"I know the perfect student. In the library after school tomorrow."

A student? I would think it would be a teacher. I didn't care though. I would take a dog as a tutor at this point. Anything to stay on the team.

"Thank you Mrs. greener." she didn't say anything.  She always helped me. She was the one teacher who I could tell anyone to.

I walked out of her office, smiled at the main desk lady and walked out. The hallway was full of people at their locker and chatting. Couples made out while others stared at their phones. I looked around for my friends. I huffed and pulled my bookbag tighter. 

"Why were you in guidance" I jumped at the voice of one of my best friends Isabelle.

Her long brunette hair was pin straight. She wore a black nike hoodie and skinny jeans. We looked nothing alike. I had long blonde wavy hair and while we were both girly; I was more girlier. I wore a tight sweater with a short jean skirt. I wore large hoop earrings. Today I went for a more simple makeup look. Face makeup with some mascara and pink lip gloss.

"Failing algebra 2" my voice sounded defeated. Her eyes widened

"Addy you will get kicked off the team!" she stopped in the middle of the hallway. Her nickname for me rang through the hallway. My full name being addison. She said it like I didn't know that. Of coarse I could get kicked off of the team.