Part One

I love Russians! Just saying. It will make more sense once you read. So reeead!

Anya on the side>>

PART ONE

Chaos. A five-letter word that means complete disorder and confusion. You can refer to anything virtually anything with it. In this case, we are referring to the Young household- a small house on Morgan Avenue. Loud shrieks could be heard from three houses away, where Mrs. Brown (a lonely, but incredibly rich, widow) was lounging in the sun. She assumed that the squeals were coming from the six children that resided in the modest house, or the slightly daft grandparents staying in the guest suite. Yet, because Mrs. Brown considered herself a rather sensible person, who did not stick her nose into other people’s business, she ignored the slight noise and relaxed against her beach chair. After a few minutes, the squeals and shrieks faded and neighborhood seemed to let out a great sigh of relief.

In the house, itself, it was a completely different story.

“Eva, be careful around Lucy! Don’t hit her head like that!”

“Elise, you do not have to right to rip the heads off of Annabelle’s dolls just because they were yours last year!”

“KATHLEEN GET OFF THAT DAMN PHONE AND COME DOWN HERE! I DON’T CARE IF DYLAN WANTS TO GO OUT WITH YOU, YOU ARE NOT GOING!”

“MOM! HE WANTS TO GIVE ME SOMETHING! I HAVE TO GO!”

“IT’S YOUR GRANDMAMA’S BIRTHDAY, YOU ARE NOT MISSING IT FOR SOME BOY!”

“YOU CAN’T KEEP ME HERE! I’M NOT A CONVICT!”

“I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT!”

Anya Young, the oldest of the six girls, stood at the top of the stairs with a deep frown on her face. Her sister had already gotten dressed to go meet her latest boyfriend, which meant that she was going no matter what. And Anya would probably have to help her sneak out.

Usually sneaking her sister out included some brilliant acting and outstanding acrobatics.

Kathleen and her numerous boyfriends were something up for constant debate in their house. She had a different one every week, and somehow always ended up heartbroken. Their grandmother always exclaimed that the reason for this was because the she was the prettiest of the sisters. Their grandfather said it was because she was the dumbest.

Anya came to the conclusion that it was a little bit of both, though she was closer to Kathleen than anyone else in the family and hated to think bad of her. All of their other sisters were under the age of five.

“Oh, Anya, there you are!” her mom cried when she caught sight of her eldest daughter. “Your father forgot to buy the roast! He claims that Annabelle distracted him with a pony, but you know his memory hasn’t been good lately. Can you walk down to the butcher on Main Street and grab one?”

“Sure.” Anya ran down the stairs and grabbed the cash out of her mother’s hand. “Lamb?”

“Lamb.”

“BUY ME SOME OF THAT STRAWBERRY LIP-GLOSS IF YOU HAVE ANY MONEY LEFT!” Kathleen called after her as she walked out onto the road. The summer sun instantly hit her, and she let out a satisfied sigh. Summer always seemed to make everything better for Anya. She found herself miserable in winter.

Maybe I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder)… Getting depressed in the winter and happy in summer, she mused as she walked. It didn’t take long for her to reach Main Street and Anya spotted the butcher almost immediately. In front of it stood a person in a cow suit who was waving creepily to the cars passing by.