Part Three

****CONTAINS MAJOR COURSE LANGUAGE, HENCE WHY IT IS RATED R****

PART THREE

Anya never got the chance to talk to her mother. One of her grandmother’s presents was a five-day trip to a spar, and they left without saying goodbye. Her father came up and told her to pack the night before she was due to leave for the delinquent camp, locking her bedroom door from the outside.

She was checked into the airport alone on the next day, and stood with an intimidating bodyguard that was meant to insure that she didn’t run away. Apparently another teenager would be joining her for the rest of the dismal summer, but she didn’t know who it was. Well, until she heard his voice.

“Get your hands off me!” Cohen shouted, struggling in his father’s hold. Another man was beside them, eyeing the teenager like he was expecting him to blow up any second.

“Oh God…” Anya groaned. “Him? Of all people, him?”

“I’m not going to this mother fucking delinquent camp! There’s nothing wrong with me!”

“You,” his dad grunted, “are going to go and you are going to come back clean.”

“GO FUCK YOURSELF!”

Cohen tried to struggle out of his father’s hold, and the guy next to him instantly restrained him and pulled him towards Anya. Somehow, Cohen managed to land a couple of punches before he was thrown into her. They both tumbled to the ground.

“Ugh! Get off!” she cried.

“Anya? What is your pretty little ass doing here?”

“Same reason as you.” Anya managed to make Cohen roll off of her before she died of suffocation. “I was caught smelling like pot and alcohol- AND IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!”

“How is it my fault that you’re addicted to the bad stuff?”

“I’m not addicted to the bad stuff, though! I was hanging around with your stupid friends so I could get your stupid ass home before you were raped by a cat lady or something!”

“I stick with my argument: how is it my fault?”

“If only you hadn’t gotten stoned in the first place-”

“I DIDN’T ASK FOR YOU TO HELP ME!”

“YOU FELL ASLEEP ON MY BOOB! WHAT WAS I MEANT TO DO?” By now they were both being restrained by their bodyguards and they had acquired the attention to almost the whole airport.

“YOUR BOOBS ARE COMFY, THOUGH!”

“Oh, go die!”

They stopped arguing to catch their breath, but continued to glare at each other.

“Flight 53A to Sydney, Australia will begin boarding now.” She felt herself grow pale. Australia? She was going to Australia?

“Australia?” Cohen shouted at his father, mirroring her thoughts. “AUSTRALIA? WHAT THE FUCK?”

“It’s got one of the best recovery programs for people like you,” Mr. James replied sadly.

“THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!”

“There is definitely something wrong with you…” Anya muttered.

“I heard that Anya!” he whined.

“You were meant to.” 

“Why are you so mean to me?”

“Because.”