Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to babysteph10 for all the votes and stuff. Thanks chica! :D

Lori's Pov

It was three days. Three days since I ran away from him. Three days of hiding and let me tell you, it was absolute torture. It's not like I wanted to see Seth. No way. I was just so bored of being stuck in my flat, hiding away when I could've been partying and playing pranks on people. All because the stupid Alpha was my mate. It could have been anybody else. Anybody. But no. It just had to be Seth. It was all his fault. Yeah, I'm blaming him. Not reasonable, I know, but I am just not in the mood for being pleasant and smiley.

I could move towns, sure, but that meant selling my apartment, moving all my stuff and actually finding a town that I want to live in. It's just too complicated. I'm not moving just because some Alpha is my mate. If there is going to be someone moving, it will be Seth. Not me.

I seriously wanna punch something right now. I am losing my freaking mind just sitting here, dying of boredom. Oh my God. I have been watching television for three hours. That's just sad. I'm not the kinda of person who can sit around all day. No. I'm not doing this. I can't. That is it. That's it. I'm done. I am going out.

An hour later...

"So you're telling me that you don't have any skittles? As in none at all. Zip. Zilch. Nada." I said quietly to Aisle Guy. I tried to calm myself by breathing deeply but it was soo not working.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh, yeah. Well, are you sure you don't want something else? Something different?" He asked, putting on a charming smile which he thought would win me over.

My nostrils flared. I gripped the guy's shirt and my knuckles went white because of how strong my grip was. I grit my teeth and said tightly, "Okay. Look Aisle Guy. I have been stuck in my apartment for three days. A whole freaking three days. And then I spend three hours watching TV. Who does that? Huh? I am tired, hungry, and very pissed off. And you actually ask me if I want to have sex with you?!? I. WANT. SKITTLES. Okay? Do you get me? Comprende? Get it in your brain!" I fumed while he looked at me like I was crazy. I guess that I was being a little over dramatic but seriously. Does he not comprehend the fact that I am pissed off and hungry? People these days...

Suddenly, a fake dyed-black-haired chick comes tottering in her heels towards us. She looks like she works here. I think.

"Hey! You! Yeah, Fakey." I call out, pointing at her. She struts towards us and when she sees Aisle Guy she smirks and oh no she didn't. Please tell me she did not just do that. I think I'm gonna puke at all the sickly sweetness radiating off of her.

I clear my throat.

"What?" She snaps.

I smile sweetly, "You are going to get me my skittles; four packets. And then you are going to come back here and give them to me. Are we clear?"

"Uh, bitch. Who do I look like to you? Your servant? Puhhlease.." She tosses her hair and sneers at me.

"You, Fakey, look like you've had a bad hair and makeup day. Also, I see that you can't afford to buy new clothes. I'm even pretty sure that you seduced your employer just to get a job here."

She blushed and sputtered at me, looking at Aisle Guy for help, a guilty expression on her face. Yup. I've hit the nail on the head.

"Guilty as charged. So, why don't you go get me my skittles." I dismiss her and she practically runs from us, mortified about how I guessed correctly on how she had been employed.

"You're good. Sure you don't want to accept my offer? I could show you a good time." A voice says next to me.

My head turns to see Aisle Guy standing next to me, smiling seductively.

"What the hell are you still doing here? I don't need your help. Scoot. Go do your job. Oh, and don't smile like that! It makes you look like a creep.." I called after his retreating back.

Twenty minutes later, I was happily walking down the path to the café near my apartment with my shopping bag in one hand. I loved it at Maggie's café 'coz:

1) She was basically my best friend. She's only a few years older than me.

2) She's the witch that gave me the ring to stop Seth from recognizing my scent.

3) She's just generally a brilliant person to hang with. She's cool, down-to-earth and not fake.

The bell tinkled as I walked in and grinning, I saw Maggie gesturing to something before she saw me. She squealed and ran over to me.

"Damn girl! I haven't seen you for ages! Where've you been hiding?" She tossed an apron at me and I put it on, glad to be of help.

"Oh the irony. I have been hiding. " I said to her, taking a pad and pen from the stand.

"Oooh.. Tell me tell me! Who are you hiding from??" She giggled excitedly, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, "Is it a lovesick boy?"

I rolled my eyes at her and began walking towards a table where a regular customer was sitting.

"Hey Rose! The usual?" I asked her.

She looked up from her book, and smiled. "Hey Lori. Yeah, the usual would be great, please."

I smiled in response and turned to head back to Maggie.

"Mags. Not now. I'll tell you the whole thing later. I can tell you one thing though. I could really do with some of that soothing herbal tea of yours."

She scowled, wanting to know who I was hiding from but then her eyes lit up and she turned me around, snatching Rose's order from my hands.

"Look, its lover boy." She giggled and pushed me towards a table.

I walked over to it, confused, and got out my pad, saying my well-practised lines as I wrote down the table number, "Hi, I'm Lori and I'll be your waitress for today! What can I get you?" I looked up from my notepad and groaned as I saw who it was. Seriously? Fate couldn't have been more cruel. What are the chances that I was serving my mate? 100%. That's how much.

He looked at me and scowled. "Lori." He nodded curtly.

"Seth.." I replied just as stiffly. Oh Lord, help me now.

------------

A/N: So guys! What did you think?? Please vote and comment! :D Oh, the picture was of Maggie (Amy Adams) :D