The Plan

~Equius POV~

"It'll be more than really claws," Nepeta says. The look of worry and guilt on her face makes me slightly nervous. She points at the bottom right corner of her screen. "Check the date."

"Two nights?" I breath. "We have two nights?"

"It seems so."

"Do you have any signal?"

"Yes."

"Enough to use Trollian?"

She purrs.

She actually purrs.

"I have enough signal to video cat! Who do you want to call?"

At this point she had turned the husktop back to face herself and I had moved to sit beside her. Signless still has a tight grip on my arm, which has finally stopped bleeding, so I'm mostly leaning towards her to see the screen.

"Is Karkat online? Or Kanaya?"

She right-clicks on his screen name, selecting video chat. Seconds later and, "Nepeta?! Where the fuck are you?!"

"Hi, Karkitty," Nepeta squeals. "Equius wants to talk to you. Oh! We're with your ancestor too." She turns the husktop to face the three of us.

"Equius?!" he practically shouts. "Dude, we all thought Gamzee killed you!" I flinch at the name. "Where the fuck did you disappear to?! And why the hell didn't you text or call?!"

"Can you not talk about HIM around Equius?" Signless asks, glaring at his descendant. "Thank you."

Karkat's eyes go wide for a second before there's a crash behind him. He turns around and shouts, "What the fuck was that?!"

"SNEAK ATTACK!" Dave shouts before pouncing on Karkat, almost knocking him out of his chair. The shriek that comes out of our leader is almost comical. "You're the horse guy, right?" the Human in red asks me as Karkat struggles to untangle himself from Dave's cape.

"DAVE I WILL FUCKING KILL IF YOU DON'T REMOVE YOU FUCKING CAPE FROM MY HEAD!"

Laughing, Dave pulls the cape away. "Whatever Mr. Grumpy Nubby." And he walks away.

"YOU'RE DEAD STRIDER!" He shouts again before turning his attention back to us.

I don't waste any time in asking, "How many of you have ascended?"

"All of us except you and Nepeta. Why?"

"I have an idea, but I'm going to need some help."

~Karkat's POV~

"What does this plan of yours have to do with the rest of us reaching God Tier?" I inquire. There's another crash behind me. I check over my shoulder for a second as Equius explains.

"The meteor is going to barely be in Alternia's upper atmosphere for a few hours in two nights. I think that we can get all six of us off Alternia and onto the meteor before it goes to another section of the Void. We're going to need help though, from the entire team."

I look back to the screen.

"Let me get this straight," I huff. "You want to use our powers to get you, Nepeta, and a few of our Ancestors off Altrenia in two days?" He nods. "We're all royally fucked if this fails. You know that, right?" another nod. "Who do you need?"

Another crash, closer. I can now clearly determine that the sound I'm hearing is coming from the vents.

"Feferi, Sollux, Aradia, you, and" he pauses for a second and cringes as he lists the last name, "Gamzee."