Dave Strider x reader- Just Kiss Me Already

Dave Strider x Reader
Request: A DJ Dave strider x Punk reader where theyve been friends for a super duper long time and take wAY too long to confess?
Warnings: none

Being best friends with one of the most famous DJs of this generation is hard enough, but having a crush on the same DJ best friend can be literal hell especially for the lead singer of the famous punk band Blood Roses, (Y/N). 

You were just finished touring internationally with your bandmates when you received a text from Dave Strider, inviting you to his studio to hang out the next day. Obviously,  you accepted the offer right away.

"So (y/n),  when are you going to tell Strider how you feel?" Your British bassist Jake teased,  looking over your phone screen at the texts.  Rolling your eyes, you looked towards him. "We are just best friends!" You raise your voice in denial as a dust of red tinted your (s/t) cheeks.

Although you and Dave we're best friends,  you fell in the trope of falling in love with him.  You always felt that familiar ping of jealousy when Dave was dating other people,  the type of feeling you get when a kid sees their best friend playing with another child. 

What you didn't know was that Jake and Dave's brother, Dirk had plotted a plan to get the two of you together.

When you woke up the next day, you decided to wear a worned Dead Kennedy's tee shirt with Daisy dukes.  The red and black Vans and matching sun glasses completed your outfit.  You checked yourself out in the mirror, your (b/t)  form looked just perfect. 

You walked down to the living room to grab your keys. As you sent a text,  letting Dave know that you we're leaving,  you saw Jake smirking at you, sitting on one of the barstools only wearing a pair of shorts.

"For someone who doesn't fancy someone, you sure do primp a lot." The Brit cackle while you flipped him off playfully.  Hopping on your (2 f/cs) motorcycle, you placed a (f/c) helment over your (h/c) hair.

The smell of fall lingered the air as you drove through the city streets.  The colorful leaves that were once on the trees we're now coating the pavement.  You turned to enter Dave's apartment parking lot,  making swirls of peeves dance behind you.

You parked your bike,  entering through the back door of one of the buildings.  After walking to the fourth floor, you arrived at Dave's apartment. Gently,  you knocked on the front doo a few times, causing him to open the door. 

"Hey (y/n) how was touring?" He let you in, locking the front door behind him as you sat down on his sofa.  "Amazing, it was epic performing like that." He sat down next to you. You take in the scent of apples on Dave when he hugged you.

"I need to tell you something." You and Dave both blurted out at the same time.  "you go first Dave." You politely offered.

"I don't how to tell you this,  (y/n). I don't want to ruin our whole friendship but I love y-" You interupted him.  You look at his ruby eyed lovingly as you smiled. "Just kiss me already."