Chapter 8

Riya and Neil heard some noises  coming from bedroom. Neil immediately ran towards the room and opened the door.

Neil - Avni. ( shocked )

There she was lying on the floor, screaming for help as the flashes of recent happenings weren't leaving her. She grabbed her hairs and pulled them harshly indicating her vulnerability, her face was tear stained and her eyes were overflowing with tears. Her trembling lips which were struggling to form any word, the pain written all over her face was enough for conveying how much she is suffering. Her brain is showing no mercy on her as it is forcing her to drift back into those nasty moments that are worst than a nightmare. That unusual trepidation even after facing the worst is making her weak over her knees. What else can be expected from a broken girl, who just started her journey towards her happy perfect life, as they say  even perfection possess imperfections. Beauty always comes with beast and happiness always knocks your door after an intense struggle but the question is, she have struggled for so many years, she have gone through worst phase, the mental and physical torture that have the ability to  quiver anyone's soul have played the worst role in her life. Still, her happiness demands struggle ? Maybe, this time the struggle is destined for the person who is her constant. When others left her, he stayed with her. He is like a shield who will protect her throughout his life but at the end, he is also a human.

He is like a rock who can stay stiff for protecting Avni from the outer world but her tears can introduce cracks within that rock, it can initiate the breaking process of that hard rock  and her pain acts as the intense radiation that can shatter the rock into several pieces. Though, he tries  his best to keep her happy but he himself is undergoing a struggle every minute, every second after connecting with the fragmented Avni  which is nothing much than a severe bruise which can be cured by Avni's smile. Avni is his only remedy just the way he is hers.

Avni - No....no... ( screams ) leave me....

She pulls her hairs roughly and bangs her fists with the wall in frustration, her yellings were full of pain. A pain that can't be described in words, a heart to heart connection can analyse intensity of that agony cos heart strings connects souls not bodies. Souls can feel where our senses becomes senseless.

She was shivering in fear but with each passing second, her breathing was becoming abnormal. She saw precisely assumed Arjun standing there with an evil smirk, forwarding his dirty hands towards her face.

Avni - Go away. ( screams )

She held the decorative piece lying there and threw it in his direction.

But her mind showed it's another devastating creation in the form of Arjun's laughter which is nothing less than a stinging pain for her ears. Her mind replayed the scene when she lost her daughter.

Avni - My Aahana. ( crying and screaming ) No no.... don't do this ... ( crying ) ... she is a small kid .... don't.. don't ( panting heavily ) don't do this... please....

She burst into tears and started hitting herself in helplessness. She rubbed the bruise on her forearm mistakenly and screamed in pain. Maybe this pain can't justify her mental affliction still it was enough for crashing Neil's world.

Neil was stunned after seeing her condition. His tears weren't stopping their flow, for few minutes he was standing there totally numb but as soon as he heard her screams, he didn't think twice and was about to go towards her but Riya held his hand stopping him in his tracks.

Riya - Neil she is very aggressive at this moment, she may harm you. ( worried )

Neil - I don't care, right now she needs me.