Chapter 7

Neil was climbing the stairs but after few minutes, he saw Avni running down all scared and her condition wasn't good. Her body was covered with bruises while she was muttering something in her mouth. She was about to fall down but Neil held her at the right time and she fainted in his arms.

Neil - Avniiiiii .. ( screamed )

He became numb for sometime after watching her vulnerable condition, but somehow composed himself, carried her in his arms and walked towards the flat as fast as he could.

As soon as he opened the flat's door, his eyes widened in shock after seeing the living room's condition. Things were scattered here and there while some portions of floor were stained with blood drops. Without wasting further time, he took her inside their bedroom and placed her on the bed.

He immediately called the doctor and fetched the first aid box for dressing Avni's wounds. He took out a cotton pad and antiseptic liquid and started dressing her injuries while tears were flowing down from his eyes indicating the guilt, love, pain, anger everything that he was going through at this moment which is not less than a nightmare for him. He felt as if his heart will burn while watching Avni's vulnerable state. He was trying to control his tears as he didn't want to fall weak at this point of time when his Avni needs him but his heart wasn't letting him do so. The guilt of Avni's pain was slowly killing him from inside.

After sometime, the doctor came and Neil moved out of the room. As soon as he came into the living room, his eyes landed upon the broken doll precisely Avni's doll. He kneeled down and collected the broken parts  of the doll which indicated how harshly someone have cut that toy. Neil's eyes filled with tears as he can't see Avni's sufferings. Aahana is Avni's life and now if she is broken then Avni will be affected very badly. Before he can think of anything else, doctor came out of her room with worried expressions plastered over his face.

Doctor - Mr. Khanna she has a deep cut on her right forearm. It seems as if someone have injured her with a sharp object. Other than that, there are several more bruises on her body. I am afraid of her mental balance, it seems as if some drastic events have taken place which may worsen her condition. ( worried )

Neil - I need to know what have happened, only then I can do something. ( sighs )

Doctor - She is on sedatives, she will wake up after sometime. Kindly be polite with her if she acts aggressive or you can admit her in mental hospital.

Neil - No, if my home is unsafe for her then mental hospital is the worst option. My family can harm her there and on top of that she won't be able to improve there.

Doctor - Then you have to handle her with care.

Neil - I will try my best.

Doctor - Okay !! Take care and call me if needed.

Neil nods and doctor left.

Neil - What have happened in the evening ? ( frowns )

He went inside the bedroom and admired sleeping Avni. He sat beside her and caressed her forehead tenderly, tears were flowing freely from his eyes. He held her hand and placed a soft kiss on her knuckle.

Neil - Please forgive me. ( while crying ) I wasn't able to protect you when you needed me, please forgive me Avni. ( broken voice ). I failed as a husband, I failed as your partner. ( crying bitterly ). I just wanted to give you a happy normal life and believe me I was trying my best to make it possible. I thought my love and care are enough for your treatment but..... ( his voice eventually trails off )

He cried while holding her hand, feeling helpless regarding her condition. After sometime, he composed himself and wiped his tears.

Neil - This is not the time to cry Neil. ( sniffing ) I need to punish Avni's culprit. ( determined )

He opened his laptop and played the CCTV footage of the hidden cameras he adjusted in living room infact in entire flat for Avni's safety. As soon as he played the footage, he got the biggest shock of his life.

Neil - Arjun ( shocked ). Avni filed a case against him so he and his family should be in jail. ( confused )

He played the further footage and his muscles tensed up, his jaw clenched, he banged his hand on the table in frustration. His bloodshot red eyes were displaying only one emotion that was anger, the tears flowing down from his eyes were reflecting the pain he have stored inside his heart after seeing Avni's condition. He buried his face in his palms but the entire footage was playing in his mind. The way Avni was screaming his name in helplessness, the way she was pleading Arjun to leave her, Arjun's brutal torture, the way he injured her harshly, broke her doll, Avni's breakdown, tears, pain, frustration, helplessness, screaming everything was playing in his mind and the biggest guilt was that he wasn't there when she was screaming his name, when she was begging for mercy infront of that monster, when that monster was staring her with his dirty eyes, when he used his manly force for attacking a vulnerable girl who have lost her own self.

Neil couldn't take it anymore, he so wanted to scream in anger that was burning his heart, he wanted to cry loud, he wanted to take Avni in his arms for assuring her that he is there with her and he won't let anything happen to her in future but wasn't able to deal with these intense emotions. He was just cursing himself for leaving her alone, he was considering himself responsible for her condition.

When he was lost in his own thoughts, the door bell rang breaking his trance. He opened the main door and saw Riya standing there with a huge smile on her face but her smile faded when she saw Neil's condition.

Riya - Neil what happened ? ( shocked ) Why are you upset ? Everything fine.

Neil didn't said anything, he moved away from the door giving her space to come in. Riya was confused after seeing the living room's condition.

Riya - Neil what happened here ? How's Avni ?

Neil - Why Riya ? Why Avni suffers everytime ?

Riya keeps her hand on his shoulder.

Riya - Neil, you are scaring me. How is Avni ? What have happened to her ?

Neil narrated the entire incident and Riya stood there shocked.

Riya - Neil, Avni .... ( teary eyes ) ... her doll is broken... How she will compose herself ? ( broken voice )

Neil - I will handle her, I will make her understand. It is difficult but I won't give up on her but.. ( sighs )

Riya - But ?

Neil - I need to punish her culprits. I am 100% sure that Arjun is not alone, someone is helping him.

Riya - Who ?

Neil - I hope what I am thinking is not right.

Riya - Neil what are you upto ?

Neil pulls out his mobile from his pocket and called someone.

Neil - ( at call ) Hey bro.

DD - Hi Neil, how are you ?

Neil - I need your help DD.

DD - Neil are you okay ? ( concerned )

Neil narrated the entire incident while DD became numb after listening everything.

DD - Give me sometime, I will take help of Ali as well. He have a detective agency, so he can trace Arjun's location and I will give you all the details required. You just take care of Avni. We are here to help you with this case.

Neil - Thanks DD.

Call ends.

Neil - Very soon, everything will be out.

Riya - I hope that.....

She wasn't able to complete as they both heard some noise coming from bedroom. Neil immediately ran towards the room and opened the door.

Neil - Avni......

He ran towards her and .........

》》》》》》》》

Do drop your views.

Much love
Thanks ❤