Chapter Nine

Niall's POV

I had stayed all night at the hospital by Liam's side never letting go of his hand. Now that I had realised I was in love with him I never wanted to let him go. I wanted to be here when he woke up, I wanted to be the first person to see those deep chocolate brown eyes of his. I was the only one with him in the room at the moment as the boys had gone down to the cafe to get food. I know right, turning down food to stay with Liam. I must really be in love.

I was staring absentmindly out the window but my head snapped round to look at Liam as I felt his hand move against mine. His eyes were still closed but I knew I felt his fingers squeeze mine slightly. 

"Liam?" I said slowly getting up from my seat to hover over him.

"Ughh." He responded unintelligibly his eyes squinting a bit not fully opening. "Wh-where am I?" 

"You're at the hospital babe, you were in a car accident." I said stepping back slightly away from him but still holding on to his hand. 

His eyes opened and he turned his head to look at me and then looked down to where our hands were entwined. I pulled away quickly stuffing my hands into the pockets of my jeans. I thought I saw him frown a bit at my action but it was quickly gone.

"What happened? Why am I here?" He said slowly.

"You don't remember anything?" I replied suddenly worried. What if he had amnesia or something and couldn't remember anything? 

"All I remeber is crossing a road or.." he trailed off a confused look on his face.

I sighed in relief. He just didn't remember that accident. That's fine.

"You were hit by a car Li, while crossing the road. We don't really know the details." I said my voice nearly breaking at the end. 

"What's the matter?" He said searching my face for a clue as why I looked like I was about to cry.

I thought I had cried myself out yesterday but no. Seeing him alive and well made me feel all giddy inside and oh so happy. I burst into tears and closed the gap between me and the bed and flung myself onto his chest, hugging him tightly but carefully, trying not to hurt him. 

"Hey, it's alright." He soothed stroking my hair softly. That made me cry even more.

"I-I thought I was going to lose you!" I sobbed into his chest. 

"It's okay love, I'm fine. You are never going to lose me." He said pulling me up a bit so he could look into my face. "I'm not going anywhere." He slowly wiped the tears off my cheeks with the pad of his thumb still looking deep into my eyes. I don't know how long we stayed there staring into each  others eyes or who started to lean in first. My eyelids fluttered shut and I felt his warm breath on my lips. 

Wait. What the fuck was happening?

My eyes sprang open and I quickly tore myself from Liam's hands as I heard the door open behind me. I blushed furiously and slumped down into my chair looking down at me feet. 

"Li! You're awake! Niall why didn't you call us!?" I heard Zayn say behind me. 

"I only just woke up." Liam said defending me, as Zayn, Harry and Louis came in to view. 

"Well it's good to see you are awake! You gave us a hell of a fright Li. Especially Niall. He hasn't left your side since we got here yesterday!' Louis spoke up.

I could have killed him at that moment. Why the fuck did he have to say that! I felt my cheeks burning and peeked under my eyelashes to look at Liam. He was staring at me intently with a small smile on his face. My heart fluttered in side my chest. Ugh why did I have to feel like this. I had to get away from his gaze. I waited for a lull in the conversation and then made my excuse to get away.

"Well since you guys are here, I am going to go get some food." I said as I got up from my seat. I smiled at them all not waiting for a response and quickly moved towards the door. I sighed in relief as I closed the door behind me. 

Liam's POV

Holy shit. I had nearly kissed Niall. Since when had I let my walls come down? I had never let myself get that close to him in forever. Maybe it was just the tense atmposphere of the siutation? I had woken up to Niall holding my hand tightly, like he never wanted to let it go. It felt amazing having him touching me again only if it was just our hands. When he had burst into tears and lain on top of me, my instincts kicked in and I just wanted to comfort him. I didn't want to see him crying over me. When I had pulled him up to look into his tear filled eyes my heart felt like it was going to burst. 

He probably hated me now. I had nearly fucking kissed my best friend. The way he pulled away so quickly and wouldn't look at me made me feel sad but I tried to hide it by giving him a small smile. I didn't have much time to mull it over though as the boys had come in.  

We talked for a bit and a Nurse come in to look at me and told me I would be sore for a while but I was going to be fine but needed rest. She said this while looking at the boys pointedly. 

As the boys were about to leave I grabbed Zayn's hand before he walked away.

"I need to talk to you." I told him quitely. 

"I'll catch you guys up." He said to Louis and Harry as they went out the door. "What's the matter?" 

"I nearly kissed Niall!" I blurted out. He stared at me with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open. 

"What!?" He nearly shouted.

"Shhh!" I said trying to get him to calm down.

"What happened?" He said ignoring my request to be quite. 

"Well I woke up and he was holding my hand, and then he burst into tears and hugged me and then I wiped the tears of his face and we were looking into each others eyes and then something kinda clicked but then he pulled away because you came in the fucking door! Now he probably doesn't want to talk to me again. Did you see how fast he went out?" I said in one big rush sounding exasperated. 

"Who leaned in first? He might have wanted to kiss you Liam!" Zayn trying to control the grin covering his face.

"Uggh I don't know Zayn! He doesn't like me. He was just crying and probably just wanted comforting." I said.

"Pffft he totally likes you. I have noticed the way he looks at you lately." Before I could protest to what he said he was nearly at the door. "You need your rest, i'll talk more about this tomorrow. Try not to dream to much about Niall." He winked at me before shutting the door.

"I don't want to get my hopes up." I said quitely as the door closed.

I slumped back into the my pillows letting everything that had happened replay in me head. I must have been more tired than I had thought though as before I knew it my eye lids had closed and I let sleep envelop me. I would sort this all out tomorrow. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long. It's not that great I know, but I hope you like it. I'll try and make the next chapter more interesting :) I do love writing this story but I kinda feel disheartened? to upload when you guys don't tell me what you think of the chapters. I would like to know what you think :/ It will make me update faster too.