Chapter Three

This chapter is so poo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to the feeling of someone watching me, I opened my eyes slowly and was met with two blue orbs staring back at me. Niall. 

"Why are you staring at me?" I said, squinting up at him.

"You look cute when you sleep." he giggled.

What?

 Did Niall Horan just say I looked cute!? No, no I must be dreaming! I scrunched my eyes closed and then slowly opened them. Nope I wasn't dreaming.

"Li? Can you make me breakfast? I'm starving!" 

Okay. Calm down Liam. You know he was only saying you were cute in a friendly way. He didn't really think you were cute. Did he? No, no he didn't. He didn’t, he didn’t he didn’t.

"LIAM!?" 

Shit. How long was I staring into space for? "Yeah Niall, I'll make you breakfast." 

"Thank you LiLi!"

 Ugh I loved when he called me that. Only he was allowed to call me by that nickname, it gave me butterflies every time he said it in his sexy Irish accent. I pushed the blankets of my body and searched the floor for something to wear. I found a slightly crumbled t-shirt and pulled it over my head, stumbling out the door as I did so. I found my way to the kitchen passing Zayn still passed out on the couch on the way. I knew the boys probably would still be dead to the world so I decided to just make Niall and myself breakfast. I would make French toast, bacon and eggs, with maple syrup. Niall’s favourite.

 When everything was ready I walked back to my room to find Niall. I opened the door and walked in without knocking, it was my room after all.

“Niall, breakfast is ready..” My breath nearly caught in my throat. There he was, wearing nothing but boxers, standing in the middle of my room. His hair was wet from his shower and little droplets of water trickled down his toned chest. Fuck he was beautiful.

“S-sorry, I-I should have knocked.” I stuttered.

“It’s alright Li, nothing you haven’t seen before” he winked at me.

“Y-yeah, well breakfast is ready so hurry up.”

I half walked half ran out of the room, quickly making my way to the kitchen. What the fuck is going on? First he says I look cute, and then he WINKS at me! Does he know I love him? No, how could he know? I haven’t told anyone! I haven’t done anything to suggest I like/love him.. Have I? Oh my god. What if I said something in my sleep? He can’t know how I feel, he just can’t. It would ruin everything. I have worked so hard to not let these feelings get the better of me, I can’t let one thing he said break me again.

 I had to get out, I had to clear my head, before I snapped. I hurriedly scoffed my food down, and ran into the hallway nearly crashing into Niall in my rush.  I mumbled an apology and grabbed my jacket, slamming the door on my way out. I heard him shout my name, but I didn’t stop to respond.

 I made my way to the small park down the road a bit from my flat. It was where I went to clear my head. I could just sit on one of the benches and think about everything without anyone bothering me. It was my refuge.

 I felt my phone vibrate inside the pocket of my jeans. One new message from Niall Horan I read on the screen.

 I pressed a button and the message flashed up.

Niall – Are you okay!? Did I do something? Please reply LiLi! x

I quickly sent a reply, I didn’t want him or the boys worrying about me.

Liam – Yeah I’m fine Ni. I just needed to clear my head. You didn’t do anything. I’ll be back in a bit. Li x

I put my phone back in my pocket and went and sat on one of the park benches.

Why did I have to feel this way about my best friend?