Chapter Six

Liam's POV

"HE WAS WITH A FUCKING GIRL ZAYN!" I nearly screamed down the phone. 

After I had basically ran away from Niall's flat, I immediatly rang Zayn. I felt like my heart was nearly breaking. Yeah I knew Niall brought girls home frequently but I never saw them. What made it harder was that girl was gorgeus! How could I have ever thought that I could compete with any girl?

"Shit. I'm coming over okay? I'll be there in a few minutes! Just stay were you are. Don't- don't anything stupid Li."  I heard Zayn say over the phone.

I ran up the steps to my door and fumbled around for my keys. As I couldn't see properly through the tears streaming down my face I dropped them on the ground.

"FUCK!" I shouted.

I didn't care who heard me. I didn't care about anything more. Why the fuck did I let this happen? Why did I fucking fall in love with my best friend of all people! Why couldn't I have fallen for some one else who was actually gay and who could care for me the same way I cared about them. Because my life fucking sucks that's why. 

I finally managed to open the door and stumbled inside, slamming the door behind me. I got to the lounge and collapsed on to the couch, burying my face in the cushions, letting them soak up my tears. I thought I had cried myself out yesterday, but I guess not. Suddenly I felt warm hands around my waist pulling me up into a sitting postion. I turned to see who it was and realised it was Zayn, I  hadn't heard him come in.

"I didn't hear you come in." I said sniffling. 

"Tell me what happened." Was all he said.

So I did. I told him how I went to his flat after he had left. I told him how it wasn't Niall who opened the door but a girl. I told him how she was wearing my favourite t-shirt of Niall's. I told him how he had called her babe. I told him how my heart nearly broke when I saw the sight of him and her together.

"How could I be so stupid Zayn." I whispered into his chest.

He didn't say anything. He just held on to me until I stopped crying. When I pulled away from him and dried my eyes he spoke.

"You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself Liam. I'm sorry, but just because you are in love with youre best friend doesn't mean you should let yourself fall apart okay? You need to stay strong Li." Zayn said sternly.

I sighed and let the words sink in. He was right of course. I couldn't let myself go just because I was in love with Niall. I had to put my walls up. Shut down my feelings towards him all together. I had to try and get over him. It would be hard, but I couldn't go on like this.

Niall's POV

I shut the door after Liam had left. I didn't even have enough time to say goodbye before he left so quickly. I've never seen him like that before. He looked almost shocked when he saw Skye. Like he had never seen me with a girl before. I walked back down the hall and into the kitchen were the girl I had slept with last night was waiting for me. 

"That was one of the guys that sang with you last night right? The one in your band ?" She said as I walked in.

"Hmm?" I said not really hearing what she was saying as I was to lost in my thoughts. 

"Liam? The guy that was just at the door?" She said again giggling. 

"Oh right sorry love, yeah Liam." I said.

I was about to mention what she was still doing here but I held my tongue. After seeing Liam this morning, I wasn't quite sure if the weird feeling in the bottom of my stomach whenever I saw or talked to him, had gone away. Maybe I should keep her around..she was pretty after all.