Chapter 29

Unedited chapter, I decide to post the chapters and I will edit them after I finish the story. 

Thanks to Alexandra for the banner!

And watch the video to the side, it's lovely. The song fits Evan >>

 Enjoy!

 Arix!

MWattpad Love

 Chapter 29

To say I was speechless was the biggest understatement of my life. I was dumbfounded, shocked, wordless and many other adjectives that represent bewilderment and surprise. I wasn't even sure I was still breathing. Evan's face remained so close to mine, our breaths were mixing together. I just needed to move one inch closer and I would be kissing him.

‘Because you're mine...’

God, those words had sent shivers through my entire body. My breath had become unsteady; my heart was racing unhealthily inside my chest. Evan pressed his forehead against mine while his warm thumbs were caressing my cheeks gently. I wanted to kiss him so bad, it was killing me. Our noses touched, our lips were merely an inch apart. My lips parted yearning to feel his. My eyes looked for his, they looked darker than usual. I stared into them wondering, ‘Why aren’t you kissing me?’

The answer was obvious and it hit me like a bucket of cold water.

He wasn't going to kiss me. He wanted me to do it so he could be free of blame for misleading me again. He wanted me to cross that line of friendship he had drawn between us. The line he had definitely pierced with his entire 'You're mine' statement because last time I checked, friends don't own each other.

So where was he going with this? Understanding Evan could be extremely hard and exhausting. He couldn't just pretend to be my friend and then get me to kiss him. Somehow, he knew I wouldn't be able to resist him. He knew I was crazy about him and that put me in disadvantage. No matter how bad I wanted to kiss him -because I was honestly dying to- I knew I couldn't. I'd kissed him twice in my life and he ended up running after leaving me heartbroken. So yeah, I was crazy about the guy but I wasn't stupid or a masochist. 

It's like Albert Einstein said: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

I couldn't keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome. Things needed to change for good. However, having him so close to me was incredibly tempting. The warmth coming from his body was dragging me to him. My love intoxicated heart was yelling at me to kiss him, to hug him but my mind thought otherwise. Listening to my heart hadn't actually earned me good results thereby it was time to listen to my brain.

Ignoring my body's protests, I placed my hands on Evan's chest and using all my self-control, I pushed him backwards. I instantly felt cold without his touch. I lifted my gaze to look at him. He seemed surprise but he quickly covered it up with a cold expression.

"I'm not yours," I forced the words out of my mouth. The whole sentence was a blatant lie because deep down, I was already his even when he hadn't even asked me out. Evan watched me in silence for a few seconds. I swallowed, trying to keep my strong pose. His shoulders relaxed as he shove his hands inside his pockets.

"You're right," he stated nonchalantly. "I'm sorry."

So he wasn't going to fight for me anymore, was he? I folded my arms across my chest.