Chapter 08

One, thanks for the amazing support!

Two, sorry for grammar mistakes! This story is unedited so, yeah, sorry in advance!

Three, I love you, guys <3 You're so cool!

My Wattpad Love

Chapter 08

I was frozen. I couldn't move at all, my eyes moved away from my laptop's screen and landed on my room's door.

The phone was ringing...

The house's phone...

I'd just given Evan my number. Was he calling? Panic rose in me when I remembered my house's phone was downstairs and Shane was there. I jumped out of bed and ran out of my room into the hallway. I found Jason on the way. He was obviously heading to my room,

"Hey, I'm gonna use your bathroom because-" I ran past him and went downstairs "Jules?" Jason's confused voice was soon left behind as I clumsily moved down the stairs. My feet met the warm living room's carpet and I stopped on my tracks. Shane was standing next to the couch; he had the phone pressed against his left ear. His gaze met mine as he proceeded to speak,

"Yes, she is here, hold on," Shane offered me the phone. I stopped breathing,

"Who is it?" I said in a low tone. Shane shrugged his shoulders. Swallowing my nervousness, I grasped the phone and held it close to my ear. My heart was hammering inside my chest.

"Hello?" I greeted squeezing the phone cord with my free hand. I could hear the person's breathing at the other side of the line "Hello?" I repeated a little bit louder this time.

Come on, Evan, Say something.

"Hello?" My throat was dry. Why was I so nervous? Why wasn't he speaking? It had to be him, I knew it was him. The line went dead and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Putting the phone back in place, I ran my fingers through my hair. Why didn't he say anything? I was confused.

"Who was that?" Shane's voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Hum, a friend," I replied automatically. My mind was still on those seconds. Hearing his breathing had actually made him more real for me. I didn't know how to explain it but it just did.

"You look like you're going to have a heart attack," Shane commented lying comfortable on the couch. It was then I noticed the TV was on, he was watching some football game, how predictable.

"I..." I trailed off as my eyes landed on the phone again.

"Are you on drugs?" Shane asked casually while chewing something. It sounded like chips... Like ruffles. I snapped my head towards him. For a moment, I completely forgot about Evan. Anger filled my veins when I spotted the ruffles bag on Shane's lap.