Chapter 26

• Dedicated to MyMother

Dedicated to my Mom because she's amazing. You did a great job even after my father's death. I love you, Mom.

~ I never really wanted you to go ~ so many things you should’ve known ~

My Wattpad Love

Chapter 26

Jules’ P.O.V

Shane was too quiet.

After my embarrassing confession of love for Evan, Shane hadn’t uttered a word. I’d expected him to tease me about it, to make fun of me or something but not this. The rest of the ride home became truly uncomfortable. I stole a few glances at him, but his eyes were on the road, and I wasn’t sure he was even blinking.  I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Shane looked serious. That was new. He’d never been the serious type. I couldn’t understand the reason for his strange behavior but I was definitely going to find out.

“Shane?” My voice sounded raspy.

“Yeah?” his tone was cold; there was no trace of his usual playfulness. Alright, that was new, too.

“What’s wrong?” I stared at him but he didn’t even glance at me. He squeezed the steering wheel.

“Nothing.”

“You’re acting weird,” I commented, watching his reaction. He pressed his lips in a tight line. His shoulders were tense. I didn’t need to be an expert on body language to know there was something wrong with him. Did I make him uncomfortable with the confession? I was seriously regretting telling him. I didn’t know what I was thinking, I’d just blurted it out. It was like one of those moments when we realize something shocking and we can’t help saying it aloud.

Shane’s silence was killing me; I could almost touch the tension inside the car. I stared at the window, watching the drops of rain rolling down the glass. A flash of sadness crossed me. I would never be able to see the rain without thinking about Evan. It would always remind me of that mind-blowing kiss. I’d never felt anything like this before. To be in his arms felt so good, so right.

“We’re here.” Shane’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I took my seatbelt off, shoved my phone in my shorts’ pockets and opened the door.

“Thank you,” I whispered honestly. He didn’t say anything so I got off the car and headed towards my house. I hugged myself, shivering from the cold. It was still drizzling a little. I opened my front door and the warmth and familiar smell of my home welcomed me. The lights were on and so was the TV which meant my mother was still awake. I had no idea what time it was.