Unanticipated

It had been a few hours after Jesse's unexpected overdose and she was currently sitting up, thinking over how dumb she had been earlier.

Jesse's eyes flickered to the creaking door and the first thing she saw was a mob of slicked black hair.

She felt her heart uplift slightly and the young thin man approached Jesse with wide sorrowful eyes.

"Jesse!"

She felt a pang of guilt in her side as Radar quickly threw his small slender arms around her.

"Hey Radar," Jesse whispered hoarsely, wrapping her arms around her intern's tiny back.

"Oh my God Jesse. I...I heard what happened and came as quick as I could... I-I-"

"Radar," His glistening eyes shot up to hers and his mouth shut instantly, "Thank you."

"Huh? F-For what?" He asked in confusion, releasing Jesse from his somewhat tight embrace.

"You've done so much in these past few months...and I... I just can't thank you enough...," Jesse trailed off before she'd end up breaking down right in front of him.

Radar just anxiously gazed at her for a moment before nervously adjusting his gray and black glasses, "..Jesse you d-don't h-have to thank m-me." He stammered softly, his voice shrill and squeaky.

Jesse calmly took his small warm hands in hers, "Yes...Radar I do."

The small room fell silent for a few moments and Jesse swiftly averted her gaze from Radar, her cocoa colored eyes swirling with regret.

Radar took a long deep breath, "Jesse...why didn't you tell me...about all this?" Radar asked her.

"I...I," Jesse nervously glanced at Radar, "I... didn't want you to worry about it okay..," Jesse said while biting the inside of her cheek, "Besides, it was my problem anyway..."

"Oh J-," Radar was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Jesse darling!" Stella walked in, hips swiftly swaying, long blonde hair flapping, and forest green eyes sparkling.

"Stella?" Jesse muttered quickly, completely shocked.

"The one and only, darling," Stella said, flipping her silky platinum blonde hair over her shoulder.

Lluna suddenly jumped up out of nowhere, her black hooves resting on the shiny unpigmented side rail. Jesse flinched, but didn't hesitate to gently rub Lluna's small head. Jesse smiled softly, but her smile faltered slightly when she remembered Reuben.

"Hey Lluna," She whispered softly, her fingers gliding through Lluna's very soft and glossy milky colored fur.

Jesse gazed up as Stella set down a whole bouquet of smooth, soft, dewy roses. Stella's olive almond shaped eyes caught a small, neatly folded, lined sheet of paper. She gently moved the blue beautiful roses and quickly grabbed the thin paper.

"Jesse," Radar spoke up and Jesse's weary gaze hastily turned to him, "The citizens are really worried about y-you."

"Really?" Jesse asked, while deeply contemplating.

"Handsome left you this," Stella chimed in faintly, quickly handing Jesse the small note.

Jesse's eyes expeditiously widened as she hastily scanned the note and she could've swore she felt her clenched jaw drop. To say she felt stupid and regretful was an understatement to say the least.

Jesse gasped quietly and Lluna grunted softly. Radar's eyebrow rose as he silently gazed between Stella and Jesse. "Jesse, darling? Hello," Stella said benevolently after a while, slowly waving her small hand in front of Jesse's now glossy eyes. Stella's thick ebony eyebrow raised.

Jesse snapped out of her daze and stiffly shook her head, muttering feebly underneath her breath.

"J-Jesse are y-you okay," Radar stammered, nervously tapping his foot against the polished red oak floor.

Jesse fixed her slouched position, "Fine...I'm fine," Jesse's weak voice died out at the end and Radar anxiously glanced at Stella, with wide eyes.

Radar dithery fumbled with his medium-sized tinted glasses and quickly cleared his throat.

"There's been some....rumors around town lately," Radar coughed.

"About what, buddy?" Jesse asked coarsely.

"...Their wondering what illness you have Jesse..," Radar said hesitantly.

"Oh," Jesse muttered inaudibly, severely biting her soft velvety bottom lip. "Jesse darling isn't it too quiet in here sometimes?" Stella queried, heaving her arms over her chest. Lluna grunted, pushing herself up until she was over the side railings and on Jesse's knees.

"Uh...occasionally, but...I don't mind," Jesse said, biting her smooth bottom lip afterwards. "Oh No. No. no," Stella hastily shook her head in disapproval, "You need some music in here sweetie," Stella acknowledged simply, with a faint nod of her head.

Lluna snuggled up against Jesse, grunted quietly, and laid her fluffy, soft hair against Jesse. Heat swiftly transferred from Lluna's warm furry body to Jesse's fairly cold one. A soft smile grew on Jesse's cherry colored lips.

"Aww," Radar whispered giddily. Stella just stared at the two, a bright smile on her lips and both of her eyebrows raised. Jesse had her long arms wrapped protectively around Lluna who was staring up curiously at Jesse with half-opened beautiful, wide, but glossy, teal blue eyes.

Those adorable child-like eyes stared drowsily at Jesse, warming her ice-cold heart a bit. Stella exhaled steadily and adjusted the large, pretty, sapphire rose bouquet. Jesse cocked her head to the side, wearily glancing up at Stella with grateful, coffee colored eyes.

"Thanks for the roses Stella," Jesse commented, glancing at the rare colored flowers. Stella smiled softly and flipped her platinum hair for the one millionth time.

"Stella..h-how did you even manage to get blue roses?" Radar asked eagerly, sitting up in his chair.

"..Believe me when I say it took a lot of hard work..," Stella said, dramatically fanning herself, "These flowers were so difficult to find."

"I heard blue roses are rare," Radar commented dryly.

"You went through all that trouble to get me some roses...," Jesse trailed off as Stella nodded her head and shrugged.

"Hey it was the least I could do," She said warmly, "Take it as 'I'm no longer your rival' type of thing."

"Glad that's behind us," Jesse muttered swiftly while nervously biting the inside of her cheek. "Ah! Don't worry I can always bring it back!" Stella exclaimed and Jesse's dark brown eyes widened instantly. "No!" Jesse exclaimed, "You don't."

Stella chuckled and Jesse bit her cheek even harder, stifling a faint chuckle.

The grating of a door was heard and suddenly, everyone's bright glimmering eyes quickly flickered to the slowly creaking door.

---

Who do you think is at the door?

Did you expect Radar and Stella to come?

Your little cinnamon bun Radar has finally came back! .-.

And...Stella (whose probably not your precious cinnamon roll) has arrived too, but

yay for precious Lluna!

. . .

See ya in the next chapter!