Chapter 8

It has been two weeks since Zach and I have friends. I don’t know but for some reason I find myself oddly comfortable around him. He is an easy person to be around with. He is also a very sarcastic and cheeky guy. He likes to make pervy jokes here and there earning a kick on the shin. However, he knows his limits. He’s aware that I have a boyfriend and he respects it very well. I really like that from him.

 “Hot chocolate with Extra whipped cream for the most obnoxious girl in the world.” He said with a toothy grin handing me my hot choc in my second class.

I just rolled my eyes at that, smiled my sarcastic smile, and snatched my drink carefully from him. Coz it’s really hot.

He just shook his head and smiled.  “Hey, do you have any plans tonight?” he asked me.

I just raised my eyebrow at him as in asking ‘You’re my only friend here except for Grace and I usually spend my time either studying alone, with you or talk to Logan. What- does-it-look-like-look.’

Again, he shook his head and smile. I do not know whether he is doing that because I really like that or if that is a complete act of natural of his. But either way, he looks really cute when he does that.

“I guess you don’t have any plans. Wanna go out for dinner?” he asked nonchalantly

Again! I raised my eyebrow at him.

“What?” he asked innocently. “Cant friends go out for dinner? Moreover, I know this amazing dinner spot where they serve amazing Italian food. Thought you might like them since you always study and eat campus food or fast food.”  Okayyyy, he has a point there.

‘Yeah I know that.” I lied. “I was just thinking do you really wanna hang out with me. I mean don’t you have your cool buddies that you wanna hangout with?” I air-quoted the words ‘cool buddies’.

He thought about that for a moment and said. “Honestly speaking, you actually quite fun to be with. I mean at first I thought you might be a loner…” I glared at him and he just held his finger so he can explain further.

“…BUT surprisingly you are not boring at all! My first instinct is always true. You are an interesting person.” He said with a face that’s filled with pride. It makes me wanna choke him but at the same time I’m happy he finds me interesting.

“So dinner tonight yeah?” he asked with hopeful eyes.

I just smiled and nodded at him. My subconscious has other word for this friendly dinner. I asked her to shut her bloody mouth and zip it.  She just pouted and mouthed the word ‘Date!’ I just rolled my eyes at her and tuned her out.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Zach will be here in another half an hour. I am wearing a floral top, skinny jeans and an ankle boots. To top it all off, I’m wearing my cute matching cardigan. I don’t want to show him that I got all scrubbed up just for him but at the same time I don’t want to show him that I don’t appreciate him inviting me coz honestly I’m excited. I love Italian food and I’m not that acquainted with this city here yet. Last week, Zach brought me out for a mini tour and that’s it. Now I know where the best ice-cream parlour is and where they serve killer fries and burger. Thanks to him.

My phone rings and its Logan.

“Hey Logan, how are you?”

“I’m good baby. How are you? I miss you so much.” He said.