Envious (Asta x Leopold) |Lemon|

❗️Mature Content❗️
Read at own Risk

Request: @Nikusmikus

"Asta!" a cheerful voice exclaims enthusiastically as rapid, ladylike footsteps approach him from behind. He turns his head curiously from his conversation with Leopold to encounter a gleeful Mimosa Vermillion lunging to cling to his bicep.

"H-Hello, Mimosa," he stutters surprised from the sudden contact from the ebullient Vermillion. She chuckles cheerfully at his adorable reaction, squeezing his upper arm tighter. Asta attempts to release his arm from her tightening grip, but Mimosa protests with a reluctant pout and aggressive tug. Asta winces at the mild pain causing Mimosa to only giggle more. Leopold grunts irritatedly at, what he considers, a gross invasion of personal space.

Asta gazes towards his boyfriend for assistance yet he is immediately ignored as Leopold mouths inaudibly, 'Do it yourself,' with crossed-arms and a deep frown forming on the corners of his lips.

'Leo!' he protests silently, to which Leopold merely roles his eyes and pivots to exit when Mimosa notices, taking a stance to ensure his presence.

"Wait, Leopold!" Mimosa squeaks scurrying towards his enraged figure, dragging a flustered Asta with her.

"What?!" he replies roughly startling his nosy younger cousin.

"I was hoping you would be so kind as to accompany, Asta and I to the town square to enjoy the entertainment. There's are going to be jesters, musicians, culinary..."

Mimosa's ecstatic voice blurred as Leopold concentrated on Asta's stiff form. His expression was reluctant and hesitant as he stared down at Mimosa rotating his arm in her grip. Asta was obviously uncomfortable and seemed as though he wanted to reject Mimosa advance gently, but could not suppose the right technique.

"...Please, Leopold!" Mimosa continues, pleading her cousin to willingly accompany them.

"I'd rather-..."

"I'm sure he would love to enjoy the festival with us!" Asta interjects, feigning enthusiasm, "Right, Leopold?" he grunts between gritted teeth.

"Of course..." he replies sarcastically, a less than pleased expression gracing his face.

"Great!" Mimosa cheers, "Come on, Asta!" she glees grasping his arm as she aggressively forces him through the crowd of vendors and citizens.

'Just great,' Leopold thinks as he begrudgingly follows his irritating cousin and boyfriend from a substantial distance. He rolls his eyes in distaste as Mimosa nuzzles in Asta's bicep, strolling down the cobblestone path. He feels a stinging sensation in his throat at the sight of his cousin being increasingly handsy with his boyfriend, as though he could spew vomit instantly. Leopold stares agonizingly at the repulsive display of affection, replaying the past months of his relationship with the blatant idiot, and how before this incident he was perfectly capable of rejecting any flirtatious attempts. 'Why now? Why now of all instances can he not reject her? Is it possible Asta harbors feelings for her or did he make a promise he couldn't keep?' Leopold deadpans silently, 'Probably the latter. Knowing that buffoon, he normally bites off more than he could chew. But as his boyfriend shouldn't I be prioritized over that airheaded-imbecile,' he continues staring directly at Mimosa's back. 'Besides he promised he'd spend the festival with me, so why is he ignoring me for Mimosa?'

Leopold's expression is of stern disgust as they arrive at the town square to witness a plethora of entertainers competing for the stage. Comedians, encouraging laughter, musicians, vocalizing tunes, and plain mages, casting aesthetic spell to wonder the audience. It was truly a spectacle to behold, but the sharp contrast of Mimosa hauling Asta around to every performer and booth in sight left Leopold with a bitter taste in his mouth.