Vulnerable (Nozel x Fuegoleon)

During the final battle against the Eye of the Midnight Sun, Fuegoleon Vermillion abruptly awoke from his temporary hibernation. His recovery time in combat was sudden and shattering. He failed to recognize that his body was still feeble and disabled, that immediate magic control could possibly return him to the medical ward.

He was victorious in his fights against the elf-incarnated Randall, Vice-Captain of the Crimson Lion Kings, and Sir Kaiser Granvorka, current Captain of the Purple Orca Squadron. However his sudden wielding of his ordinary flame magic and then his new gifted ability of spirit magic completely drained his mana reserve, causing him to experience gradual fatigue on the front lines and lose conscious as a result.

Readmitted to the medical ward, he remained in the same bay as before, receiving an mixture of pain relief and swift-healing medicines in the form of an IV attached to his surviving appendage. His normal attire had been replenished back to its regular state, but currently he only wore the thin-fabric, white, V-neck shirt with his calf-synched, light tan, harem-like pants and chill bare feet. He was dreary and exhausted, barely managing to keep his eye lids from drooping as he was distressed he might drift into another lengthy, unnecessary slumber.

Briefly allowing his eyes to close, Fuegoleon reflects on the past few months of terrorist attacks and political scandals.

'The encounter was months ago, yet I still remember it as though it were yesterday,' Fuegoleon reflects mentally.

Teleported by the perculiar-looking spatial magic user to a white-plastered dimension with intricate magic circles tracing the barrier.

William was clothed in a foot-length, dull-colored robe with a vertical three-eyed insignia attached to the center. His appearance was startling and frightening, an evil tinge hidden behind the previously righteous veil. His attacks were unpredictable and his plot well-planned.

Fuegoleon's defeat was inevitable, the loss of a limb was merely an extra blow. His pride, dignity, and reputation were severely damaged, forever tarnished, he was concerned he would never be able to restore his former glory. However when he returned, his perception was proven impressively wrong; in fact his squad was overjoyed to welcome back their original captain with an amount of overwhelming praise.

Witnessing how much his young brother had improved since his hiatus was phenomenal. Leopold had acquired the ability of mana skin and his determination to surpass Fuegoleon was incredible, fueled by his anguish and suffering.

When he was informed of his elder sister's title as interim captain he was utterly stunned as she was quite blunt and reserved, refusing to deal in war or politics. Also when originally offered the position she turned it down immediately, plus she was extremely reluctant to join the Magic Knights at first so naturally her positive response shocked Fuegoleon. Mereoleona may be a hardass but she would drop everything for her siblings, especially Fuegoleon, who she respects and admires greatly.

Nozel's reaction to his return though was prompt and attentive with a tint of bitterness. He was grateful Fuegoleon recovered yet his tendency to suppress his feelings restrained him from expressing any further sentiment. Their conversations prior to the final battle had been brief and professional, only discussing the Eye of the Midnight Sun's potential scheme.

Fuegoleon found it oddly surprising that Nozel's reaction was less then compassionate. True it would be out of character if he displayed any regular signs of affection, yet Fuegoleon could not stop considering their intimate encounter few months prior to his coma.

Nozel sat lunged over his polished oak desk, detailed by gold-imprinted edges and corners, with his forefinger and thumb rubbing against the bridge of his nose. His head was throbbing violently as a result of the previous night quarrel with his despicable younger siblings. Solid had been especially pressing on his opinion about Noelle even be admitted to a Magic Knight Squad, despite if it was the lowest-ranked. He had explained how she was a worthless, glutton, attention-seeking whore, how her magic was subpar, and her birth an ill-intentioned mistake. Nozel bickered with him for about two hours on the subject, suggesting that because she is royal-born she is required to join a Magic Knight Squad to uphold the Silva name. Solid continued to counter till, eventually, Nozel lost his temper and roundhouse-kicked him in the stomach. His sister, Nebra was not of any assistance either, she continuously supported Solid and expressed Nozel's similar opinion that Noelle should have died instead of their mother during childbirth. Nebra however was not as persistent in her attempts, and when approaching the two-hour mark of the argument attempted to convince Solid to quit his blabbering. She was spared of any injury, but was left to drag her idiotic younger brother to the infirmary.