Chapter 9: Alaska [Part 1 of 3]

"Ready ka na beh?"

Kim frowned at Xian, they were packing their suitcases at his house and Kim forgot a few things at her own.

"No! Nakalimutan ko yung camera ko tsaka yung laptop ko."

He smiled at her wrinkled forehead and frustrated pout.

"Bakit ganun? Kahit naiinis ka, ang cute mo pa rin, sobra!"

Kissing her forehead he laughed as she pushed him away.

"Che! Wala ako sa mood ngayon Xian ha! Dami kong nakalimutan! Tssssk!"

He zipped up his own bags and went behind her, gently pressing his fingers into her shoulders in a circular motion.

"Relax beh, relax... We'll go back to your house to pick up the stuff you've forgotten, then we'll come back here. Inhale, exhale. We have one day pa naman."

He kissed the top of her head and she spun around to face him. A frown was still evident, her creased forehead still visible. Then gradually a small smile appeared on her face as she placed her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips.

The amount of tension between them was incredible. He couldn't believe they hadn't gone beyond kissing yet, neither could his friends. Xian was sex or nothing with his lady friends... usually.

Her tongue teased his lips apart and his arms surrounded her beautiful curves. Walking backwards towards a wall, he pulled her closer, chest to chest, her fingers in his thick black hair, pulling and teasing, his own hands caressing her perfect waistline and back, despite the sensation, she decided to pull away, a groan escaping his eager lips.

"Patay ka sa akin pagdating natin sa Alaska..."

Kim just laughed at his response but inside, she was almost scared. What was her 'playboy' boss going to think about a 'teasing virgin'?

She grabbed a glass of water and glanced at a flustered Xian.

"You're in big trouble Kim.."

She muttered under her breath. Big, big trouble.

-

Finally, the day of their flight arrived, Xian emailed everyone in the company about their jobs for the week and then they both left for the airport. Like the gentleman he was, he grabbed her luggage and his own and they made their way to the check-in counter. Names of affection, hand-in-hand, or arms around waist, you would think they were a couple.. They waited for an hour or two just walking around the duty-free area until their flight was called. 

After a stop over and 19 hours of flying they finally arrived in Alaska. The amazement on Kim's face was what made the trip worthwhile, her eyes were wide in wonder and the dimples on her cheeks were ever so visible. He could not resist planting a sweet kiss on her lips upon their arrival.

"Welcome to Alaska, baby."

She smiled sweetly at him, taking his hand in her own as they collected their luggage and were escorted from the airport by a man with a placard with the name MR ALEXANDER CRUZ LIM-UY written in big capital letters. 

"Welcome to Alaska Sir Alexander. Been a while since your last trip to Alaska. And wow, you brought your misis with you..."

Kim cleared her throat and Xian laughed.

"Paul, my good man! Yes, it has been quite a long time since I last came here... this is my friend, Kim. Kim, this is Paul. He'll be attending to any of our needs during our stay here."