42: Love me Tender

Cherish had been wandering the mall for some time, nursing a coffee and window shopping, stopping only if something caught her eye. One such item being the pair of black T-strap pumps that were swinging from her elbow. Her eyes flitted over the lingerie store and she smiled lightly, taking in the scandalous goodies in the window.

She changed course for the store, wondering if Ari would have said the same thing about her being a good girl if she'd seen her secret underwear drawer.  Or if she knew what had happened the last time she'd been in the very same store. 

"Alright, Len, work your magic," she said to herself for old time's sake. The newest collection was all lace, with bras that, while sexy, left something to the imagination. One day, when she would have the guts to wear lingerie in front of someone, it would be this kind. The kind that was alluring because it didn't give too much away. As she perused, she grabbed a few things off the racks, and made her way to the change rooms. Overhead, the announcement that the mall was closing in 10 minutes blared.

"I won't be long," she assured the clerk, who didn't look too happy as she let her into a room.

Holding a few of the items in front of herself, Cherish made a face, figuring they wouldn't suit her. The deep green one, which had caught her attention the minute she'd walk in was the one she decided to try on. It was an entirely lace, high necked halter, and backless, which she loved. Her front was completely covered, except for the small keyhole which was cut out of the middle, right above the band, to show skin, but not overt cleavage.

She shimmied into it and the matching lace shorts, loving the way it looked sexy, but not in an over the top way. It could even be worn as a top under a buttoned cardigan like the one she wore today.

"You okay in there? Need any sizes?"

"No. I'm fine," Cherish dismissed the clerk and began redressing.

She had only managed to pull her pants on when she heard the clerk grumble, "Not you again," and another knock sounded at her door.

Without a thought, Cherish yanked the door open and popped her head out, "I said, I'm fine!"

"That you are!" she flushed at his words, finding that his surprised expression mirrored her own. "We need to stop meeting like this."

He had the nerve to joke about it? If she wasn't only half dressed she might have opened the door all the way, so she could smack him. She slammed the door shut, and without even bothering to take the bra off, pulled her still buttoned cardigan over her head, threw her scarf on and stuffed the rest of her things into her purse.

"Seriously, Sev?" She shoved him out of the change rooms and towards the checkout counter.

"I was taking the garbage out and I saw you coming in," he said in explanation, motioning to the pile of garbage bags he'd left outside the store.

"So you followed me? Really good idea, Sev, it worked so well for you last time!"

"I didn't think you'd open the door! I was just going to tell you I'd meet you out here!" He threw his hands up in defense, though his laughter did not help his case. Shrugging, he headed back to his garbage bags, "I'll be back in a couple minutes. I'm done work in ten."

Watching him leave, she slammed the shorts onto the counter and handed the girl the tag off the bra. "I'm wearing it."

The girl raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow, but said nothing about it as she rang Cherish up. With a smirk, she rounded the counter and waved a wand over Cherish's back, eliciting an electronic beep.