20.2: Whole Lotta Shakin'

This was a Cherish they hadn't seen before. Even Allie, who knew much more of Cherish than the guys did, was surprised. She was nothing like the girl Allie had first met at Seven's party. She was not the sad, but cute girl, drunkenly careening all over the place. She was happy, not intoxicated. She was dancing, not stumbling. And she was stunning, not an accidentally cute mess in an oversized shirt and red lacy bra.

She no longer slumped her shoulders with the weight of depression. Come to think of it, she wasn't even slouchy with uncertainty and discomfort at the way she was dressed. She held her shoulders back confidently and moved with ease as if she always wore so little and hadn't spent the past months hiding behind layers of clothing. This was the real Cherish. It was evident in how easy it came to her. It was even more evident in the way her old friends did not seem the slightest bit surprised.

"Allo everyone."

The music had suddenly dropped its volume and only the guitarist and bassist were quietly noodling with their instruments. The people in the crowd turned to the stage to see what was going on. It was Cash, twirling drumsticks in one hand and gripping the microphone nervously in the other. Cherish peered at him; since when did he sing?

"So everyone knows about the ladies who usually sponsor these parties, and you all know that they are a few of the sexiest ladies around!"

The guys in the audience howled and hooted agreements of all types, ranging from outwardly lewd to plain and simple yeah man's.

Grinning, Cash winked at Cherish, "Most of you are aware of the accident earlier this year that took one of the twins from us. We kinda lost the other twin for a while there, too. But, lucky for us all, we got our Malice back today. Cherry, Biquette, we've missed you and your girls up here."

Cherish froze, trying to convince herself not to go up there. She watched as her Dolls went to Cash's side- Audrey, Jessline, Melanie, all dolled up and ready to dance.

"We're playing your song, Malice, so you better be up here, Babe."

Well so much for not going up there; there really wasn't anything they could do to stop her. As Cash settled onto the drum throne, Cherish bounced up the stairs to the stage.

"Don't mind him," she gestured to Seven. "He's just a pet."

As the song began, the same song that had broken her down a few weeks ago, she smiled. Years ago when at a concert, Len, Audrey and her had jumped onto the stage and began dancing. Like most girls their age, they made up little dance routines. But unlike the innocent pop dances the other girls were doing, theirs were a combination of swing, jive and provocative burlesque moves. It became something of a tradition, something they did at all Cash's shows and at all parties with live music. As Iggy grabbed the microphone, ready to growl out the song, Cherish threw back her head and howled.

-.-

Her face was flushed a pleasant shade of pink and a contented smile lit her lips as she danced about. She didn't seem to notice anything going on around her, much more interested in belting out the songs.

"We're gonna do just what we wanna do, get outta the way we're the wrecking crew!!!"

Ian grinned as he caught Cherish around her waist when he spun her one times too many. Laughing, she clutched his shoulders as he pulled her back up. Instead of standing, she kicked her legs up and hung off him.

"I'll drop you!"

"Not if I drop you first."

"I'm carrying you."