38.2: Come on, Lets Go!

Strange, that's what is was.

To Cherish, it felt different and strange, this new dynamic between them. Technically, they had had conversations, just the two of them, and had hung out just the two of them, but there had always been tension. Tension that Cherish had found at times so cumbersome that it stopped her from saying, or doing, or even smiling.

Somehow their conversation the night before had released them from a fog, like a strong breeze dissipating the discomfort they both felt.

Seven wasn't as careful around her, and it was kind of nice, to not freeze up with paralyzing fear every time they touched, intentional or not. She still felt an uneasiness that would probably hold on a long time. But, Seven didn't feel the need to monitor what he said, to curb comments and jokes he felt might cause her discomfort. And though she was still apprehensive, it wasn't because of what might happen, it was because of what might happen.

That tiny acknowledgment, that tiny admittance that she wouldn't run, had somehow changed the charge from agonizingly nervous to hopeful. It made her made her feel less breakable. Or maybe it was that, in Seven's eyes, she seemed less fragile. It was almost as if her asking him out had given him free reign to tease her as mercilessly as Ian and Delia did.

Truth be told, Cherish found it unbelievably refreshing not to be looked at and treated like she were made of eggshells, especially by Seven.

"What?" Seven was smirking at her with that expression that said she'd been staring at him again. "Is there something on my shirt?"

Cherish fought the urge to blush, and brandished the bottle of chili infused oil at him, "No, but I can help with you with that!"

"Ha!" he hijacked the bottle easily. "You'd like that, wouldn't you? You just want me to take of my shir- did you just flick me?"

"I had to do something before your ego inflated head floated away."

"How thoughtful of you."

With a grin, Cherish fidgeted with the take out box on the table, doodling on the lid. They sat in the pizzeria overlooking the pond they'd been skating on not too long ago. It hadn't been too busy when they'd got there, but now as the lunch rush was really in swing, it was filling up. The waitress was eyeing their table every time she passed. They'd finished eating and had settled their bill some time ago and were simply avoiding going back out into a cold. Not without a plan anyways.

"So, Ian and Deals went back up to the room to sleep," Cherish mused.

"I bet you anything they are on opposite ends of the room."

"You think so? You're probably right, but I kind of think they're not."

"Delia? She's so..." Seven searched for he right word under Cherish's sharp gaze, "innocent."

Cherish laughed. "She's had boyfriends before."  She clarified at Seven's questioning look, "She's, um... it's not like she's me when it comes to relationship stuff."

"Okay," Seven ignored Cherish's awkward blush. "So maybe Delia's not so innocent, but Ian's too scared to make a move, so they're on opposite ends."

"Either way, we are going to make this as awkward for them as they're doing to us."

Seven raised a brow at her, shaking his head, "Payback? Cherish, Cherish, Cherish, you've come to the right place!"

"Hey, let's go do something."

Seven shrugged his jacket on, "Sure thing, Boss."

Cherish rolled her eyes as him and led the way, back to the chalet and her car. As Seven slid into the passenger seat, he glanced at her a little uneasily, "Where we going?"