50. Deja Vu

I was walking to the coffee shop under our building where Nat was supposed to meet me when someone hit me on my head with something sharp. I felt an excruciating pain on the back of my head and everything went black.

I woke up in my own room. The bed was bloody and I was only wearing my underclothes. I couldn't see clearly but yet I got out of my bed and scanned the room.

Everything seemed to be in place. I was really confused. I put on one of Jake's T-shirts and my shorts and stepped out into the hall. I was very careful, making sure that my footsteps weren't making too much noise.

There was no one at home. What the hell was going on?

I turned around to go back into my bedroom and call Natalie when the same man who I saw the previous day appeared in front of me. I stared at him, absolutely shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was trembling and my forehead had dots of perspiration forming on it.

"Did you miss me sweetie?" He asked. I was so scared but I didn't let it show on my face. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I yelled.

"Watch your tongue!" He yelled back.

"I'm sure you missed me, I met your so called boyfriend, what was his name? Jake? Jake right?" He said. My blood was boiling. I raced ahead and slapped him across his face.

The anger showed on his face. "Looks like someone needs to be taught how to behave with their father." He said and smirked while turning his face towards me.

"You are not my father." I said and spat on his face. This felt like Deja Vu. He was definitely stronger than me, he pushed me down to the floor and stepped on my stomach. The wound on my head was throbbing and his heavy leg crushed my tummy.

"Stop" I said softly, gasping for air. He picked me up and threw me on the sofa. He tore the T-shirt I was wearing and brought out a knife from his coat.

"You ruined my life and now I'm going to ruin yours." He said and stabbed my stomach. I felt the knife go through my stomach and screamed in pain.

The blood oozed out and I tried keeping conscious but I couldn't.

A man rushed inside the room and pounced on Vincent. Everything looked blurry. A few voices echoed in my ears.

"She's hurt" I heard a man scream. Another man picked me up and ran out of the room. The pain still stinging inside my stomach, my insides struggling to be in place.

______

I woke up in a hospital. I had a bandage tied on my head, my head still hurting. I wanted to go home. I wanted to see Jake. I wasn't understanding what was happening? How did I land up here?

"Jake",I whispered. Jake held my hand and whispered back, "I'm here babe". His voice comforted me. I smiled at him and tried to sit up. "What is going on?" I asked.

I widened my eyes and saw Natalie sitting beside me holding Cameron's hand. Wait. Cameron. He was alive? He smiled at me while I looked at him, absolutely stunned.

"Riley, you're a fighter....happy to see me?" He asked. I stared at him in disbelief. "Cam, you're..you're" I asked before he cut me off. "Yes yes I'm alive" he said and laughed.

"Babe, how are you feeling?" Jake asked me completely ignoring Cam's words. "I'm better" I said.

"Let's get you home" he said. "Yeah! It's been over three days since your surgery!" Cam said.

"Surgery?" I asked. "We'll explain everything to you once we're back home!" Natalie chimed.

Nat helped me dress and we walked out of the hospital. The wound still occasionally hurt but not as much anymore.