3. Dance?!

The next few months were great. School was perfect as Neil picked me up and kissed me every morning and then we drove to school. Everything seemed pretty amazing. Every time I looked at Neil during classes he was always staring at me. I'd never felt this way. It was the best feeling ever.

We had already been together for about 7 months.

My mom drove me to Nat's place. We planned to study a little and then watch a movie or two. I walked over to her door and rung the bell. I could hear sounds from inside. "You have to score well this term Natalie. I want no distractions! We want you to take science! You need good marks to get in a good college!" That was Nat's dad. He was a nice man but when he got angry no one was safe.

Nat opened the door. I could see tears in her eyes. She wiped them and welcomed me in. "Hey Riley. Come on in" We walked to her room and sat on the bed. "Nat, I was thinking, let's not study today... tell me what's up with you! I feel like we haven't spoken in a long time. I heard your dad ,I'm really sorry!" "I want to dance." She said with her voice cracking. "What?" "Yes dance! I love dancing. I want to make a career out of it...but they would never understand Riley! What do I do?"

I knew exactly how she felt. Music was my life, I wanted to sing for a living. No one knew though because I knew they wouldn't approve of it. "Show me your moves Nat! I wanna see you dan.." "Alright then but only if you sing!" "H-h-ow do you know I sing-g?" I stammered. "I've heard you singing while having a bath. You sound exceptionally good." "Okay I'll sing, you dance!"

I cleared my throat, put on the karaoke on my phone and started singing. "Baby when they look up at the sky we'll be shooting stars just passing by, you be coming home with me tonight and we'll be burning up like neon lights" Nat got ready and moved to the beat.

She curved her hips and stepped forward. She looked great. The beat sped up towards the chorus and I sang higher.

"We'll be burning up like neon lights! Like neon lights, ohhh..like neon lights,ohh" I hit the high notes perfectly and Nat shook her head. She danced so well and I never knew. She was one of those few people that looked great while dancing and knew how to dance along with the song. "Oh my gosh, Nat, you were great!" "So were you Riley!!" "You can't take science Nat, the industry needs dancers like you!" Nat looked at me and smiled and then sat back on the bed. "I don't know Riley. You know my parents, they wouldn't allow me." "Yeah I get it, my parents wouldn't allow me either."

"Anyways let's drop that! Tell me about you and Neil!" Nat said looking not very happy. "Umm, we're great. He's perfect to me. He's always there for me and I can talk to him about everything and when he kisses me I never want to let him go, he's my everything Nat! I've never felt this way with anyone." I said while blushing. "That's great Riley! I'm happy for you! Just be careful with him ,okay?" "Yeah don't worry Nat, thanks! What about you? Any new guys I don't know about?" "Umm nope not yet, you know you'd be the first one to know."