12

Chapter 12: A Song Pt 2
"Hermione's done What?"

Ch. 11 A Song

By. Patty H

February 1 2008

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters. If I did then Remus, Severus, Fred, Dumbledore, Mad-Eye Moody, Dobby, and Tonks would not have died. The only character I own is Narissara whose name means Smart Woman in Thai.

/pattyhillard#

AN: The link above is for a poll vote on this story. If you can not see it then please go to my profile to vote, thank you. Now enough of my notes on with this story.

(I appologize for how long this took to post. But my step-father who was my biggest supporter for this story past away shortly before I finished this. I promise not to do anymore long pauses between chapters after this. Sorry again.)

Recap:

Lily is 2 months pregnant Sev. is the father of her daughter, Narissara. Andromeda is her godmother.

Hermione's POV 1978

As soon as I sit down next to Severus I whisper a hasty thank you. But it's cut short by a vision of Severus from the past. 'I can see him as a child around 8 or 9 years old. He is sitting in the corner of a room watching a younger version of Remus, Lily and myself playing. I can hear myself begging him to come and play with us instead of being such a spoil sport. But then a man who looks like a older version of him walks in and grabs him up. He starts beating Severus until I scream.'

I'm still screaming when I feel hands on my shoulders shaking me violently. "Hermione! Hermione wake up!" What? I am awake what is this person talking about. Then I realize I'm laying on the floor of the great hall and Severus, Lily, Remus, James, Sirius, and Professor MacGonagall are all around me. "What happened? Why are you all standing around me?" Severus looks at me with a weird look then I hear Lucius' snide voice respond to me. "You obviously passed out from the shock of being allowed to sit with us at our table. Seeing as how Slytherin is superior to all of the other houses."

I could have strangled him but oddly enough my brother beat me to it. Before anyone could react he was beating Lucius with all that he had. I would have laughed had it not been for the headache that was pounding like a dragon at the door. But the fight was over in minutes because Professors Dumbuldore and MacGonagall broke it up. I shut my eyes tightly waiting for the yelling to start but instead I hear Professor Dumbuldore tell Sev to take me to the infirmary and Lucius is to go as well. I open one eye to see that Lucius has a split lip and a bloody nose.

He really did a number on him. I've never in my life seen Severus act like that. He was always cold, cruel and snide as a teacher but never has he actually used physical violence on someone. But just as he starts to scoop me up into his arms I see another vision of him. 'He is at least 10 now and I can see him and James fighting over Lily. Sev tells James that Lily isn't property that she doesn't have to be with him because he said to. But James dissagrees he thinks Lily will love him because of how good he looks. I could laugh at that, they are only ten and fighting over Lily already. Then I hear it. "Why would you care about Lily anyways Snape, after all you are just a silly half-blood, and Lily is a muggle born. She could never love someone like you." As soon as he says that the fists are flying and Sev is the one doing the most damage until our father comes out and grabs him by the throat.' Once again I wake up screaming.

"What is happening to me! I need to get out of here." I didn't realize that I was shouting until Madam Pomfrey comes over to me. "Calm down Hermione it was just a nightmare. Your safe now dear. Calm down" But she's wrong I Know she is. I never saw Sev as a kid. "Madam Pomfrey, I'm scared. Something weird is happening to me. I keep having visions of Severus as a child. But that's impossible isn't? I mean it's only happened twice and only when I touch him. What's wrong with me?" I start to cry because I can't understand what is wrong with me and the fact that I miss Harry and Ron so much. They would know how to help me or at least how to protect me. But they are my past now.