thirty-three.

+ new mission +

+ new mission +

2 Months Later

I climbed up the stairs two at a time, Matthias quickly running up them before me, practically running away from me as if I was chasing him down, which is what I happened to be doing. "You know, I haven't been on a mission in a while" I said, as he pulled a door open, leading into the floor where his office sat.

"There is no missions for you" he said simply, waking slightly faster than me, keeping me behind him, like I was a chasing puppy after a treat. "Cause the Winter Soldier takes them all" I finished, rolling my eyes in the process. "It's been 2 months since I got this serum, you didn't just give me it for nothing so give me a damn mission" I continued, begging.

"You still have doses left before it's completed" he said using a key attached to his trousers to open his office door. We had other technologies to keep doors closed and concealed, yet Matthias always chose to use keys which he kept on his person at all times, keeping a hand on them in his sleep. "That doesn't mean I'm not stronger than before" I said as he opened the door, walking into the room, trying to close the door on me. I managed to skip my foot in between the door and frame, using my hand to push it open to let myself in.

"You know that when I usually try to close a door on someone it means i don't want to talk to them anymore, right?" he said to me, walking behind his desk, taking a seat in the swivel chair that sat behind it. "Yes well when I force my way into a room it normally ends in an altercation" I said with a smile, shutting the door behind me.

"Give me a mission, set me a mission with the Winter Soldier. Hell, give me a mission with Janssens, I'm that desperate" I rambled, leaning against the wall with my arms folded."I think the real question is if Janssens wouldn't want to go on a mission with you" he sneered at me, pushing his glasses up his crooked nose. "I don't care he can suck it up" I replied, shrugging my shoulders, scrunching my nose. "Maybe you need to suck it up and wait for your serum to be finished" he said to me, leaning back in his chair.

"Oh come on please, I haven't been on a mission since the time I got shot. Open your eyes Matthias, I'm a good agent, everyone here knows it" I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him quickly before he raised his eyebrows at me, not happy with my attitude but not saying anything about it. "If I give you a mission will you leave me alone?" he asked me, cocking his head to the side.

"Perhaps" I said, following his action. "Fine, you'll get a mission, now leave" he said, opening a file on his desk, not looking at me anymore. I smiled smugly, nodding my head slowly, turning around and opening his door before closing it softly behind me.

I had a mission, for the first time since I started getting my new serum, and I was damn excited.

——

A/N: okay sorry for the ridiculously short chapter but i will update like 2 more today to make up for it i promise.
a few important messages;  (1) from here on out there will be time jumps as I'm really struggling to think of fun and interesting chapters from in between movies. So there may be a few more chapters of the miscellaneous years before the next big thing comes into Alyona's life
(2) As I was saying writers block is hitting me like a truck, plus for me it's exam season so school is a bitch and a half. Updates may be less frequent but they will happen I promise! Plus summer is coming and I have no life so i'll update tons then as well!
(3) Less important than the rest but none the less important. I did see Endgame today and holy cow I LOVED IT, I do however know how Alyona's story is going to turn out so as much as i don't want to think about this book ending I have lol
so thank you so much for reading and for putting up with my stupid update schedule
(p.s if you have seen Endgame do not talk about it in the comment please, if you do spoil it I will delete the comment. DONT SPOIL THE ENDGAME)

 DONT SPOIL THE ENDGAME)