twenty-two.

+ competition +

+ competition +

We walked quietly through the woods, spread out with guns raised, a small pistol raised close to my cheek. I heard a twig snap, instantly looking up. I'm guessing everyone else thought it seemed to be a twig on the floor, but I seen the leaves shift in the top of the tree.

I signalled to Steve, pointing up at the tree. He nodded his head adjusting his shield in his hand and throwing it directly into the tree. I heard it thump against something, a figured dressed completely in black falling from the tree. The shield bounced brave to Steve, catching it in one hand and adjusting it onto his fore arm. We continued walking, myself stopping in front of the man and taking the radio off of his belt, throwing it against a large tree and hearing it smash. 

We made our way to the tree line, all of us hiding behind a larger tree. My hair rippled with the wind, my ponytail blowing all around me. Morita made his way to the edge of the tree line where a road lay beside it. He was issued as our lookout, sending us the signal when the large truck went past. Then it was my job to run onto the road and attach a bomb to the underside of it.

Gabe stood with his back against the tree, all of us huddled around him. Bucky stood behind me, incredibly close to the point I could feel his warm breath on my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine. I unclipped the explosive that was attached to my utility belt, ride beside a holster. I hold it in my hands, the cold metal contrasting the little heat I had in my fingers.

I could hear the hum of the engine in the distance, Morita quietly whistling towards us. I broke into a sprint, jumping over roots of trees and onto the road. The truck was so close to me that if I had ran any slower it would of clipped my ankle. I launched myself onto the floor, lying as straight and as still as possible. The large truck passed over me, causing my surroundings to go black. I held the bomb up, hearing the magnet click on to the underside of the truck.

It carried on driving, unaware of what is about to happen. I stood up, turning around and plugging my ears with my fingers. The truck exploded with a loud bang, sending debris all around it. A smile was on my face as I wiped my hands off of each other skipping back to the huddled group of men. "Boom" I said taking my gun back off of Bucky, and impressed look on his face. "Let's go, keep an eye out we should hit a force soon" Steve said, his eyebrows furrowed under his helmet. "That was impressive" Bucky husked at me, smiling down as we began walking once more.

"Do you expect anything else?" I whispered as we silently walked through the woods as we closed in on a weapons factory. Bucky was issued as a sniper today, having to gain height and take out as many as possible. The rest of us were fighters, breaking into the factory and not letting anyone else out. Steve was then supposed to blow it up, as we left, meeting where Bucky was.

He winked at me before he raised his gun and I walked forward to the front of the group. No one here seemed to have very good at being observant, so i guess it all fell on to my shoulders. I looked over at Steve smiling as he weakly raised his eyebrows at me. I put my gun in to my holster, considering the factory was still a little while away I wouldn't need to that much.