Chapter Seven

Natsu was a bit annoyed today, he usually was a chipper guy and smiled but today was different. Lucy was out with Sting on a lunch date or something. She said he wasn't his type but what if he was? Natsu couldn't stop getting jealous, he knew it was wrong. A sigh escaped his lips as he laid on the couch. On top of that Lisanna was texting him nonstop. Ever since that photo of Lucy and him surfaced everyone was wondering what was going on between the two. A small bark broke his train of thought. "Oh sorry, Plue I need to feed you huh?" Natsu chuckled getting up. The small dog had taken a liking to him, and his cat happy got along with the husky perfectly fine.

Lucy moving into his apartment was a great idea on his part. Although the blonde said she got her money back into her account and could move out Natsu protested it. He likes having the company around. Plus he got more 'Luce time'. Happy jumped off the arm of the sofa following his owner and Plue to the kitchen. "I'll feed you as well Happy." Natsu said as he reached down and petted the cat. He got the two animals their bowls of food and watched them eat. Lucy was really strict with what she fed her puppy and so she made Happy start eating special food too. Natsu smiled, even feeding the animals he thought of Lucy.

Somehow he was always thinking of the blonde, his feelings for her growing slowly but rapidly at the same time. Yet he noticed lately her smile seemed more forced, she seemed so sad and closed off. He wished she would just open up more. Did Lucy not trust him? Lucy was comfortable with Natsu touching her, hugging and any physical contact but then when they got close mentally she pushed him away. Every time they got close she made some distance. Natsu felt Happy rub against him.

A frown was on his face, too deep in thought once again. "I know buddy I'm thinking too much huh?" The blue Russian cat let out a meow and then ran off with Plue tripping behind him. The pink haired male went over to the couch and grabbed his phone. More missed calls from Lisanna but one text from Lucy. A smile made its way back onto his face.

Text from Princess--

Princess: I wanna go homee Natsu come save me

Fire Dragon: You can't just ditch him Luce that would be rude!

Princess: Make up an excuse and call me!

Fire Dragon: Only if I can pick you up on my motorcycle >:3

Princess: You just wanna show off, fine!!

Natsu let out a laugh and quickly thought of an excuse. He smirked once a thought came to his mind and quickly pressed the call button. It rang a few times making him wait, Natsu wondered why she wanted to leave the date early but he didn't mind. "Hello?" Lucy's sweet voice came through the cellar device. "Luce you need to come home! I can't find Plue anywhere!" He said in a panicked voice. He gave himself a pat on the back for the acting. "What? Did you look everywhere around the apartment?" She said faking the same tone back.

"Yes of course I did! What do you take me for an idiot?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

"No.."

Lucy sighed and then spoke again. "Okay come pick me up and we can look for him around the apartments." Natsu replied with an okay and then hung up smirking to himself. He did a good job, he thought to himself. "Okay time to go pick up Luce, boys I'm leaving for a bit!" He shouted to the two animals who were actually safe and sound.

---Time skip brought to you by Happy loving Carla!!

Lucy waited at a cafe with Sting, he wasn't a bad guy just a little egotistic. Which wasn't her type at all. He was a great friend to be with and hangout with but she could tell he wanted more than that. "I hope Plue isn't actually missing." Lucy smiled at Sting and shook her head. "Knowing Natsu he just can't find him around the house. He is probably playing hide and seek again." Sting laughed a bit and nodded. "Sorry this had to end early though!" Lucy gave an apology to the blonde. He shook his head and shrugged. "No big deal! Maybe we could hangout again?" The female replied with a maybe and turned her head hearing the roar of the scary bike.

Lucy facepalmed and sighed. Natsu was serious. He pulled up with his red motorcycle shiny and ready to go. "Hey Luce!" He smirked and looked at sting, the other male just rolled his eyes mumbling something. Sting turned to the girl next to him and gave her a hug. "Hope Plue is okay! I had a good time." Lucy felt bad she did have a good time but she wouldn't want another date. "Me too! Thanks Sting!" She returned the hug and then made her way over to Natsu. "Hey Idiot." She winked at the pink haired adult. "Ready to go?" The girl gave a nod in reply.

He quickly helped her up on the bike, putting a helmet on her and tightening it. Sting glared at Natsu a bit more. The rumors of them dating were false right? Lucy seemed so stiff around him all day but when Natsu showed up her whole demeanor changed. Maybe they were just really close or something? He hopped the rumors weren't true because he really wanted a chance with this girl. "Alright hang on tight." But seeing Lucy wrap her arms around Natsu, Sting knew his chances were gone.

------

IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG DON'T KILL ME