Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Abby's P.O.V

I was in my room. Today was the day I started my training. I heard Joey bark, he wanted to go outside. But what time was it? I called to one of the guards.

"Yes?"

"Hmm... could I take my dog out to do...you know what?" I asked the guard knowing that he would say no because Joey is suppose to stay in my room at all times.

"Sure, but be careful with the monsters, there are a lot of them out there today." He said and unlocked my door. I was surprised he let me out. I guess the master was kidding about that Joey had to be in my room, but he doesn't kid around. Something is fishy here. I'll worry about that later though. I walked outside. Oh my gods! It's noon!!! I knew this because they sun was up and it was right above us, meaning that it was noon. I missed half of my training, why didn't anyone wake me up? I couldn't run over there because I had to watch Joey, so that he wouldn't get eaten by monsters or taken away or something. But as soon as he is in the room I would run over there as fast as I could, because I didn't know when Training ended. So I had to hurry. I called Joey and he followed me outside. We made it to a little green patch right next to our "home". He sniffed the grass...growled a bit....and ran back to the house and then I heard my door shut. Huh... guess he didn't want to go out. Oh well. Now that, that is over with, time to go to training!! I didn't move..... I felt someone else's presents. I didn't know why I knew that someone else was here, but it felt strange all of a sudden. I didn't feel alone anymore. Abby, it probably your imagination, just get over the training session and forget about it. But I didn't listen to myself. I knew someone was here. I can feel it. I slowly turned around, hoping that I was right and no one was really here. But unfortunately was someone else here. It was a guy, around the same size as Max; he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked really dreamy. Oh didn't mention his muscles? But I never seen him before and I don't think that he is one of us. Something strange is going on here. I stepped back away from him, but I found myself bumping into the wall of the moving thingy... wait the wall wasn't that close to me a minute ago. I turned around to see a guy about the same size as the other one but instead of blonde hair, he had black hair and green eyes. This was really strange! I was scared. Several questions going through my mind. Why are they surrounding me? What are they: are they one of us? I have never seen them before? My guess is that they aren't one of us; they are one of them... the monsters! Why are they here? Well I knew the answer to that one. What was going to happen to me? I knew this one too... I'M GOING TO DIE!! One of them chuckled. I looked back at the guys; they were wearing a large clock on their chest. Ohh... I should have paid more attention in class. How can't I know what kind of monster they are? Why am I asking myself soo much question? One thing I know is that I have enfaced with my first and last monsters. Why? Why? Why did this happen to me and on my first day?

"Look what we have here," said the blonde one. I turned to face him. "Haven't seen you around newbie." How did he know that I was new? This is really strange. "Because of the way you don't know who we are and that we are your 'first and last monsters'." Whoa... how he knows what I said a second ago to myself, he can't read minds. I've never heard of a mind-reading monster. "Of course I did stupid!" Don't call me stupid, stupid. That kinda of sounded cheesy but I saw that his jaw was set. Hey, if you didn't want to hear it, well.... Stay out of my mind!!

"Brave little chick." I turned around. The black hair guy was talking now. "You know we have names?" he said sounding irate. If I did, I won't be calling you guys blonde or black now would I. I've never talked like this before... it's weird. Usually I talk nice to everyone even if there were mean to me...I'm really shy. This isn't me, but it is me. The guy sighed. "My name is Crash, and he is Burn." Nice name. Wonder why they are called that.

"They call us Crash n' Burn, right before they die. Because that all what they have time to say," I took a gulp. I don't want to die. I still have to get off this island. I've still have years ahead of me. I have even find Mr. Perfect yet.

"Alright, don't scare her anymore than she is already" said Crash. I saw that Burn had a grin from ear to ear.

"Fine... then let's get on with it then."Get on with...ohh. I had to get away from here, run for my....wait they could read that. Shit! I can't talk to myself anymore. I looked around without thinking and ran to the opening next to me. But unfortunately they were faster than I was and an arm was out to where I was running to. I ran into it. I rubbed my forehead. That really hurt! I stepped back into the middle. No way out. I'm going to DIE!!! I saw that Burn like that comment. I sighed; I guess this is how my life ends. And I couldn't even say bye to Emily.

"We'll make a deal with you." Great deals! Like they always turn out soo well. "Let me finish..." Fine, "Thank you. We'll let you live only if you join us. I mean as in fight on our side, trying to get these humans off this Island even if we have to kill every single one." His fists were clenched together. Join them?...wait why am I thinking this when it's the same as saying it out loud. I opened my mouth.

"What?! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!" I didn't say that, I turned to see Burn, furious. I closed my mouth shut. He wasn't talking to me though. "What do you mean 'join us'?! We can't let a human join us! They're the reason why we are fighting! THEY ARE ON OUR LAND!!!" Trust me; I don't want to be on this stupid island anyways.

I fell some importance with her. Something is strange about her. She isn't like the other ones, I can't explain but there something weird. Will you let her choose?" He whispered something under his breath, but I wasn't able to pick up what he said. Then, he turned to face me again. "Will you join us?"

"Join you? And kill my own people and friends." I thought for a while. I didn't know what to do. It's like choosing over life or death, but the way to live would be by killing my own friends, well friend. What would Emily think of me, on their side.... A trader, that's what I would be. It was soo hard. But I had to choose one. I opened my mouth for my last response.

"I will never join you." I was surprised on what I said, but I said it. I saw that Crash was disappointed on what my choice was. But it's strange, a normal human would say 'of course will join you, if it means life then heck ya.' But for some reason, it didn't feel like me, killing people; I guess I would rather die than to kill people. Even though that's what training was for, but I never even been to training.

"Told you! Human! Let's finish her off. She knows too much about us already!" yelled Burn. Didn't he hear my last though? Humans would say yes but I didn't. Oh well. Crash sighed and nodded his head slowly. I knew by just looking at him, he didn't want to do it. But he knew that he had to because it was true, I did know too much. This was the end, I wasn't even able to say good bye to my friends, tell them that they were going to be ok without me. But it isn't a huge lost. I was just the servant girl who never tasted the real world and wasn't able to see what happens every day. I would always be inside be punished for the littlest things. I guess that's the only thing I can think of my past. I don't even remember my parents! This the end, no final words or anything... and I didn't even know who they were yet! I looked at Burn, then at Crash, then at Burn again. Something was different than before. I looked at their clocks on their chest. Shit! I the time on the clock was counting down from ten. They were time bombs! How couldn't I know that? The big clock and I had no clue. They would blow up and kill their victim (which was me now) and wouldn't harm themselves. Also time bombs are pairs, there can't be one time bomb it wouldn't work, there has to be two. How couldn't I know that! I had aced that test!! I felt so stupid right now.

"Ha-ha she finally figured it out; but it's too late. Mahahaha!" Burn laughing at me, but I turned to see that Crash wasn't so happy. I closed my eyes shut, this was the end. 9...8...7...6...5...4...3... I tensed. At least it would end quickly, not so much pain. 2...1... I woke up. I was sweating. What just happened? I let my legs hang of the edge of my bed and sat up. Why did I have that kind of dream? What did it mean? And right before training. It was weird. And strange. I could remember the dream perfectly. I looked at Joey; he was fast asleep, sometimes kicking his leg. I know that he wouldn't have left me at my time of need. Just go back asleep, it was just a dream nothing will ever happen like that, promise. I heard someone say in my mind. Now I know that I'm tired because I'm hearing things. I laid back down on my bed, rested my head on that rock that calls itself a pillow and went to sleep, hoping I wouldn't have that same dream again.