Chapter 12- Max

Chapter 12

Max’s POV

            The party started ten minutes ago, and I still haven’t seen Abby anywhere. I began to ask around to see if anyone had heard or seen her. But they all tell me the same thing; they haven’t seen her either.

            I walked over to her room, the third time since the part started. “Abby, if you’re in there open up! Please for the love of all that’s good please open up!” I pleaded. Placing my head against the door, I knew it was hopeless. I couldn’t sense her behind the door, or even hear what she was thinking. I just...don’t know where to find her!

            I left her in the Master’s office and decided not to listen to what they were discussing. It wasn’t any of my business. When I thought that they were done discussing, I tried to see if she was ok. But I couldn’t sense her anywhere. That’s when I started to panic.

            But now, here I am. Twenty minutes into the party, and still no sigh of her. I was debating on asking Master if he knew where she was when I felt hands on my shoulders.

            “Don’t worry bro. She’s got to be here. No way would she wander away. She isn’t stupid.” Alex reassured me.

            “I can’t feel her Alex. If she isn’t here, where could she be?” I demanded, turning to face him.

            “I...Do you think that maybe—”       

            “No, they wouldn’t come and take her. Chris and Jake are anything but stupid.” I rubbed my face. “I’m going to ask the master what happened.”

            “So you think he has anything to do wither her disappearance?”

            “It’s worth a try.” And walked away toward the drink station where the Master was standing. When he saw me he smiled.

            “Enjoying yourself son?”

            “Yes, very much sir.” I lied. “Sir, can I speak with you?”

            “Sure. Let’s go into my office.” I turned on my heels and walked in front of him, into his office. I stood in front of his desk as he closed the door behind us.

            “What do you want to talk about son?” He stood on the other side of his desk, looking sceptical.

            I decided not to read his mind just yet. I wanted to give him a chance to explain. “I was wondering where Abby was? I mean this party is dedicated to her, isn’t?” I raised my eyebrow.

            He cleared his throat. “Well I don’t know if the party is actually for her.” He coolly responded.

            “What do you mean? I thought this was a celebration for the capture of a monster?” Now I was utterly confused.

            “It is, but I’m still not convinced that Ms. Abigail was the one responsible for the capture of the monster.” He crossed his arms.

            My hands clenched. “How much convincing do you want? You had witnesses—Alex and I!”

            He set his jaw, eyes glaring. “Then why did a useless, good-for-nothing, cleaning girl capture a greater monster while my best trained men can’t even catch a lesser monster!”His voice boomed through the room.

            I could still hear the light sound of music playing on the other side of the door, but I knew people were interested in the conversation. But I didn’t give a crap. Not only did he disrespect Abby, but also me and my brother.