Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Max’s P.O.V

I paced back and forth in front of the infirmary. The doctors haven’t let me in there to see how she was doing. I rubbed my face; I should have done something to prevent her from being bitten. I sighed. There wasn’t anything I could do. As soon as the dog ran out the building she ran in an inhuman speed. I'm not sure if she knew it or not. Her powers are becoming stronger by the second. I stopped in my tracks. Oh god I hope they don’t find something off about her DNA. If they do they’ll lock her up and run test on her.

One of the doctors walked out of the room. He was surprised to see me here, I could tell without reading his mind.  But I wasn’t they only here. Alex was sitting in a chair near the door listening to music. He looked up and took his ear buds out.

“How is she?” he asked. The doctor tore his glaze from me and looked at my brother.

“Well since you brought the Pink Fluff, we were able to figure out a cure for its venom. So far, it is working. So she’ll live.” Then he turned back to me. “She is very lucky to be alive. The venom was extremely poisoned. If you didn’t bring back the Pink Fluff the venom would have spread throughout her whole body in at least 10 minutes, stopping her heart in the process.” I blew out the breath I was holding. She was going to live.

“So when will she be able to leave?” I asked. The doctor looked at his watch.

“In about 15 minutes. We are going to keep her to see if the antidote is working.” He replied. So soon? I heard Alex think. He was right though. She almost died and now she was going to be led back out? Well the bright side is that she’s ok. The doctor headed back toward the door. I cleared my throat trying to get his attention.

“Could I...we see her please?” I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and motioned us in. I walked in with Alex tagging behind. The room was white. There wasn’t even a splash of color anywhere. The walls were bleached white, the tiles were white, and the sheets were white. The only thing that wasn’t white was Abby lying on the bed. She had her eyes closed. Her face was paler than usual. If it wasn’t for the fact that I could see her breathing, I’d be certain that she was died. The doctor left the room leaving us alone. As soon as the door opened, her eyes fluttered open. She winced because of the light but then looked our way. My eyes locked with her amber ones. She looked so pretty.

“Hi” She croaked. She probably didn’t anything to drink. I was going to ask her if she wanted any, but my brother beat me to it. She nodded her head and he walked out of the room. I walked over to the side of the bed and smiled at her.

“How you feeling?” I asked taking her hand in mind. She skin felt cold under my hot ones. She shrugged her shoulders.

“I’ve been better.” I chuckled. She tried to sit up but grimaced in pain. I quickly help her sit up with her back against the head board.

“What hurts?” I whispered. She motioned to her wrist. I gently picked it up in my hands to examine it. You could see where the bit mark was, but it was slowly fading. She was healing fast, and I knew why. I sighed and put her wrist softly back on the bed. I sat on the edge of the bed, staring at her.

The door opened, and in came Alex with a cup of water. He smiled but you could tell that his smile didn’t make it to his eyes. He missed Emily, I could tell. I couldn’t ask Chris and Jack about why they would want to take Emily, even though I had an idea...for me to join. I internally laughed. Chris and Jack. Oh how they hate their real names. They now liked to be called the legendary Crash and Burn. I call them by their real names to annoy them. Well mostly Jack. I haven’t been able to talk to them since I needed to make sure Abby was ok. I knew she didn’t have anyone else and her best friend had been kidnapped. I sighed. I gotta say I miss that devil. God if she heard me she would mock me for the rest of my life.