Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Abby’s P.O.V

I looked over the horizon. The sun was really bright today. I looked over to where the accident was the other day. It was actually really far from we were standing. How did I make it at the time I did? I must have been running extremely fast. But the strange thing was that I didn’t feel like I was running that fast. All of a sudden there was a pain in my chest. I lost my two best friends. Joey, even though he was old, he had a lot of life in him. He acted like a puppy, not an old, aching man.

I looked next to me. There stood Max, with his arms crossed. I grinned remembering the poker game. I knew I was going to win, Emily taught me all of her tricks. During our poker game, I found out that I had caught a monster. Supposedly the master was surprised and even asked if Max or Alex caught it. He couldn’t or wanted to believe that I actually caught it. I felt some sort of pride, but I felt kind of guilty. I don’t know why but I felt bad about capture the little guy. It is now going to be tested on and might die. My stomach twisted in a knot. I closed my eyes and tried to think of something else. Why does the master want me? I hate going to his office. Every time I go there something bad always happens. I don’t want to go to his office, but part of me wanted to know what he wanted. I took a deep breath and looked over the horizon again. I sighed.

Arms wrapped around my shoulder, giving me a tight squeeze. I looked up to see Max. He gave me a reinsuring smile. I smiled back. You know what I never got, why he is so nice to me while everyone else never gave a crap about me. They always ignored me but not Max. And his brother was nice to me too, maybe because he was dating my best friend. But—

RINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

The bell went off. Everyone’s eyes went back to the horizon where we could see shadows coming our way.  Yippee another day.

“Abby.” Max called my name. “I want you to stay far away from those two monsters from before. They’ll bring trouble and you might never know what they are up too.” All I did was nodded my head. I can take care of myself. I thought. I didn’t argue with him since the monsters were already coming. Here we go again. Let’s hope this time will be better than the last. Max ran off to the sides and I stayed where I was.

  A monster all of a sudden appeared on my left. He just came out of thin air. I jumped back in surprised. At that moment I forgot everything I had learned over the years, my mind went completely blank. Well it’s not like I knew that much anyways, but it would have helped. The monster had green eyes, and shaggy blonde hair. He had this goofy grin on his face, making him look harmless. He looked around my age maybe older. His expression changed as he grabbed my arm. I yelped in pain as he twisted it behind my back. He mumbled something under his breath and twist harder making me gasp in pain. I tried to struggle under his grip, but he was holding me tightly.

Suddenly the pain vanished as well as the grip on my wrist. I turned around as I saw the monster had a hand on his head, before vanishing again. The girl who saved me nodded her head my way. In her hand was as a bow and arrow. Where she got it, I had no clue. We aren’t given weapons, but at this moment I was grateful she helped me. She tossed me the bow and arrows while she pulled out a dagger. She ran off and I just stared at the weapon in my hand. I felt some power surging through the bow to my body. I’ve never used it before, well not that I remembered.

I put the basket where the arrows were on my back. I pulled out a single arrow and threaded it in the bow. I felt like the bow belonged to me, it felt right in my head. Fiddling with the arrow in my hand, I grinned a little.

I heard a scream and turned to see two monsters surrounding this little girl who looked around 10 years old. Without thinking about it, I pulled the string back and aimed at the monster. Not wanting to kill it, I aimed for its shoulder.