Chapter 18; Christine's pov

Erik was drying off, I watched him run the plush towel over his perfectly sculpted body. Water droplets beaded on his skin. He caught me staring and I blushed a little.

"What?

Nothing, just you're beautiful. That's all.

Christine. I am far from beautiful.

Oh hush."

I padded over to him and kissed him. I was wrapped in my fluffy towel.

"Christine."

He muttered against my lips.

"Yes?

We need to get dressed.

Do we?"

I wrapped my arms around his bare waist.

"I think so."

He sighed as he kissed my forehead.

"Alright."

I let my towel fall and collected my night clothes from the counter. His eyes kept watch over me. I could feel them on me as I put nightgown and robe on.

"Yes Erik?"

I turned quickly to him and his face turned red.

"N-nothing."

I glided over to him and gently pressed my lips to his. He pulled me close. His naked torso was warm and damp. His pants clung to his legs. I looked up at his face. He was smiling down at me, with the faintest hint of redness on his cheek.

"What?

You called me beautiful.

Because you are. Look at you."

I pulled away and gestured to his muscular body.

"But my-

Sh your face is beautiful as well."

I lifted his mask and kissed the gnarled skin that laid underneath.

"If you say so...

Well I do, so hush. You should finish dressing so we can get home, unless you wanted to stay like that."

I gave him a once over. Taking in how physically fit he was.

"Well, what do you think?

Either way is alright."

I bit my lip he held up his shirt and his muscles flexed.

"Alright."

He slung his shirt and my day clothes over his shoulder. I took his hand and we went to the front room where the two-way mirror laid. He opened it and bowed. I chuckled and entered the tunnels. I knew my way around almost as well as Erik. All I needed to get through them was a lantern, which he handed me.

"Lead the way my love."

And I did. I took us through the winding tunnels of the Opera Populaire. Once we arrived home I sat in bed with a book. Erik brought me a cup of tea.

"Thank you."

I puckered my lips and he quickly kissed me. I watched as he went to sit at the organ. I could see it from the doorway. As I drank my tea and read my book Erik played his music. It made me happy that we were the type of couple that didn't feel the need to cling to each other 24/7. I was perfectly happy with him in the other room. The beautiful sound of his newest piece brings a smile to my face. I put my empty tea cup on the bedside table and continue reading. Erik's playing distracts me. It's beautiful, it has a lullaby like tone. Eventually I started nodding off.