Chapter 2; Erik's POV

Christine and I were doing dishes, she was washing and I was drying. I didn't want to be one of those husbands who treated his wife like a slave. We helped each other with the chores. It was probably a lovely change for her. She looked over at me with a smile. and flicked soapy water at me.

"Oh really?

Yes, really."

She giggled. I gave her a look and her eyes widened. She ran away and screamed in false terror. I chased her with my hands shaped like claws, laughing and growling.

"Oh no! The Opera Ghost is after me! Help!"

She giggled.

"You'd better run! I'll get you one way or another!"

I chuckled at her.

"No! Help a handsome man with a perfect voice is chasing me, please someone help me!"

I caught her around the waist and she squealed. She turned to face me and I glared at her jokingly.

"Be prepared young lady. I'm never letting you go!

Good."

She kissed me and I pulled her close.

"I love you so much.

I love you too."

She squeezed me tight and pressed my face against hers. I chuckled at her.

"How did I get so lucky?"

I asked as we went back to doing the dishes.

"It's funny, I ask myself the same everyday!"

She smiled up at me as she washed the dished from the mess I had made.

"What do you mean? Nobody deserves me per se. You just chose me."

I smiled at her.

"That's not true Erik. I love you, you are the most amazing man I've ever known. You are the most amazing husband a woman could ever have."

She reached up to kiss me. I leaned down and kissed her. She was a little under a foot shorter than me. It made me chuckle. She pulled away and put her hands on my chest. I held her in my arms and kissed the top of her head. Christine, my everything. My entire world. Since I heard her sing I was under her spell. I needed to be by her side, every waking moment. I needed to love her. And I had! Even if she hadn't loved me the whole time. I had loved her still and I always would. No matter what happened to us I would love her with my whole heart. With every fiber of my being.