Chapter 13: Little Lamb

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter 13: Little Lamb

I shift from one leg to the other, not quite sure how to stand in front of him. He lays on my bed, his body propped up on his elbows as he faces me, dangling his legs over the edge. With his eyes lock onto me, he watches how I struggle to get comfortable standing across the room from him. He smirks and tilts his head, his hood now covering only one of his eyes as he says, "What did you want to ask me? I can't read your mind now that you've started your... new medication."

Towards the end of his sentence, his voice seems to suddenly deepen, spitting out the word 'medication'. I stiffen, already knowing he isn't anywhere pleased with how quickly it's affecting him. I decided yesterday to take the pills, mostly out of curiosity if they would actually work. I only found out a few hours ago when I talked to Gumi how quickly they started to kick in. I'm still not too sure if I want to continue on taking them, since I'm after all no longer afraid of Len. Since I don't fear him as much anymore, I find no point in trying to make him and other hallucinations disappear, such as Gumi.

But then again, I can't feel too comfortable around him either. Honestly, even though I don't fear him as much as I used to, there's still a part of me that wants absolutely nothing to do with him. He said he'll only be 'nice' when he feels he is scaring me too much to where he becomes bored, and as soon as he's through being nice, he'll go right back to the way he was before. I'm just in the scene of this play right before that part of this stage, right as I'm beginning to get used to him. Either way, it's better to try and stop him before he wants to see me in fear again.

He observes me, noticing how I don't respond to him. Normally, he wouldn't have a problem with this because he can just read what I'm thinking, but the new medication I started yesterday seems to already dull some of his senses from me. "I wouldn't continue with them if I were you. Do you want to know how lonely I'll be if I can't talk to you anymore?" He says, never leaving his gaze off of me. Usually his lips are painted with a smirk, but this time he seems to be completely serious. Does he really not want to disappear from me?

"That's not why I called you here, Len," I say to him, straightening my poster. As I open my mouth to continue, Len immediately cuts in and says more of a command than a request, "Come here, Miku." As I lock my firm gaze onto him, he faintly smiles and watches me. I bite my lip as I drop my gaze to the ground, hearing my heartbeat echo in my ears.

Maybe I really do still fear him as much as I used to, just in a different way, I think as I stay in place. As soon as I refuse to move, his smile fades as he repeats, "Come here." I lock my gaze onto him again as his voice deepens again, making it sound more like a command. Hesitantly, I walk towards him from the other side of the room. His smile returns as he watches me, seeming to be amused of being the one in charge. He's a part of my mind, so why am I letting him take the lead?

As soon as I'm in front of him at my bed, he shakes his head and sings, "Closer, Miku. I can't see your face from here." I bite my lip even more, no longer caring to try and stop myself. Slowly, I walk a little closer in the darkness of my room towards him. When I first called him to come and talk to me, I had my bedroom lights flipped on, but as soon as he showed up the lights suddenly flickered off. It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust, but as soon as they did I almost jumped at his dark figure laying on my bed.

I take a few steps even closer to him until I can feel my knees brush against the mattress of my bed. Not even a moment after I do, a sudden grip latches around my wrist and I am immediately yanked forward. I quickly attempt to catch myself by taking a step in front of me, but Len made me get so close to him that the bed is in the way, and I trip over the mattress. I shut my eyes tight as I fall onto him, his grip never releasing around my wrist. He smirks as I land on top of him, his arms wrapping tightly around me.