•Nineteen•

It was so, so cold. Stone cold, really. Junmyeon had goosebumps all over his body. He swore he even felt them on his head, neck, feet, hands. Even his butt. He had never been so cold before.

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around his legs, pulling them against his chest. He breathed slowly, trying to keep himself from panicing. He wanted himself to stay calm, not losing his mind in here. It was easy to though.

He was in a small room, with only a few teeny tiny windows on the upperside of the wall in front of him. Barely any light. The sun was shining though. How ironic, he thought.

The walls had various shades of grey, no, not 50. But it was very distracting. It almost had something like a hypnotizing effect. Junmyeon forced himself to look away.

Besides the grey shades also some red spats were spotted by him. He knew very well where those spats came from. It wasn't paint.

He stared at the small windows. There was no way to get out of here. He prayed everything would be alright. He wanted to get out. He wanted to see his friends and hug them. Not stay here in this stupid room, in this stupid building with these stupid men trying to torture them.

He didn't know why he was placed here. He didn't understand. They said they would use him for his brain. My brain. Do they want to kill me this way? Freeze me to death? Or do they just want to play with me?

He softly cried. Why did Jongdae have to be followed by Kim Sooyoung? Why did he have to be so interested in that girl? Why did he follow her? Why did he try to save her? He hated her. No. That was nonsense, ofcourse he didn't.

Junmyeon knew he couldn't blame him for this situation. They knew the risks, they knew. But they didn't realize the feeling it would give to lose. They lost to those men. Those fucked up men. They were separated from each other. They were nothing when they were alone.

They have been a team for years. They had met through other people, but remained friends together. They occasionaly would meet up at first, until some of them lived together at some point. Junmyeon had always been really close with Jongdae, Sehun and Yixing. Ofcourse he loved the others too. They were all like 9 brothers.

Junmyeon rubbed his eyes, feeling the tears on his fingertips. Don't cry. Stay strong. Junmyeon breathed heavier. The air seemed to fade away little by little. But maybe that was just because he was terrified. He made himself really small, trying not to freak out.

It seemed to get colder by the minute and Junmyeon was rubbing both of his arms, trying to stay a bit warm. He saw little clouds coming from his mouth as he breathed in and out. It reminded him of the trip the boys once had.

It was a cold winter and they were hiring a house in the middle of the woods. On the last day they sat in a circle around the campfire they made. Little clouds came from their mouths as they talked to each other, sang songs and laughed at each others jokes. It's his favourite memory. It was so simple. Everything was fine. Until the years passed, everyone got older and Jongdae got followed. It wasn't so easy anymore. They weren't so young anymore. Ofcourse, Jongin and Sehun are 94 liners, but Minseok was passing his twenties soon.

He himself was also nearing his thirties. He wasn't ready for it. Ofcourse, he had never been super playful, always kind of been the mom figure, leading them around, taking care of everyone. But he was also young and behaved like the others. Now it got real. His job became intenser. He worked on deeper cases. Dangerous cases.

He was scared to go to work. He didn't want to get in danger, he just wanted to make the world a bit of a better place. He was too caught up in that dream. Ofcourse, he could've known it was bullshit. There is no such things as making the world a better place. There will always be people to screw it up. When some factors are fixed, other things will occur, and ruin it all again.

Even if some criminals would get arrested with the help of Junmyeon, the world wouldn't become a beautiful fairytale world. It was still full of horrible people. New people will be born who will turn out to be criminals. His job was useless. He was useless. Maybe this destiny was well deserved...

HELLO EVERYONE!!
SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!
Also sorry for not updating since January (oops), but I really didn't have any inspiration for this book.
It's hard to write because of the situation and I don't have any experience with this ofcourse. I hope you enjoyed it tho :)
Also, did y'all like the fact I didn't write it from Jongdae's pov this time? Should I do this more with other characters? Lemme know :)
Xo xo