:A Proscriptive Relationship: 47-2

The waiter led us to what seemed to be the furthest room from the entrance. When we arrived at a table, I was slightly disappointed. I wanted to eat at the hibachi. Jeremy sat down and gestured for me to take the chair next to him, but before I could my mom sat down, leaving me to sit next to Mr. Heywood. My mom smiled pleasantly at me while Jeremy frowned.

"Can I start you off with something to drink?" our waiter asked.

"Coke," Mr. Heywood and I responded at the same time. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and saw him smirking at me. Immediately I looked away, at Jeremy.

"I'll have a Sprite," he told the waiter.

"And a coffee for me," my mom added when the waiter turned to her.

He nodded, scribbling down our drinks. "I'll be back in a few minutes with your drinks."

"Why aren't we eating at the hibachi?" I asked my mom when the waiter was gone.

"Too much commotion," my mom responded with a shrug. "Next time we'll eat there."

"I want to come next time too," Jeremy added. "I've never eaten at a hibachi before."

I looked at him in surprise. "Really?"

Jeremy nodded. "This is my first time coming to the Osaka too."

"You'll love it."

"I hope so."

"What about you, Chris? Have you been here before?" my mom asked, turning to face him. I kept my head straight, focusing on Jeremy so I wouldn't look at Mr. Heywood.

"It's my favorite restaurant," Mr. Heywood told my mom, emphasizing the word "favorite".

"Holly's too!"

"What a coincidence," Mr. Heywood responded in an amused tone.

Suddenly I felt Mr. Heywood's leg press against mine and I nearly jumped. I broke my focus on Jeremy and turned to Mr. Heywood, who didn't seem to notice our contact. He was smiling politely at my mom, oblivious to my questioning gaze and our touching legs. Surprisingly, I felt a bit disappointed that our contact was accidental. I didn't move my leg away either.

"Holly," Jeremy started, gaining my attention again. "I can't get over how mature you look tonight. "You look so... ravishing," he said with a grin.

A blush made its' way onto my face at his words, even though I knew he was just saying it to tease Mr. Heywood. "Thank you, Jeremy."

"Pretty words for the pretty lady."

"Does someone have a crush?" my mom hinted, nudging Jeremy in the shoulder.

Jeremy gave her a cheeky grin. "Maybe."

I almost laughed at my mom's surprised expression. She glanced at me with wide eyes, inconspicuously nodding her head towards Jeremy. I shrugged my shoulders at her, stealing a quick, amused look at Jeremy. He looked like he was about to laugh. I couldn't help but crack a smile at him, making my mom give me an even more bewildered look. I probably should have told her about Jeremy's antics...

Mr. Heywood cleared his throat and I suddenly felt his leg be pulled away from mine. Immediately where our legs had been touching felt cold and I frowned. Without realizing it, I turned to frown at him for pulling away. He looked annoyed.

"You know what?" Mr. Heywood started, turning to look at my mom. "We don't have menus. I think they might have forgotten we need some. Jeremy, could you go get some?"

Jeremy raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't know where to go. It's my first time here, remember?" He threw me a meaningful look.

"I'll-"