:A Proscriptive Relationship: 18

I call this chapter the "chapter-that-clears-up-what-people-misconceived". But then I wanted to keep things open, just in case I wanted to change my mind ;D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The doorbell rang and I immediately jumped up from my compute chair. I checked my reflection once in the mirror before hurrying downstairs. I held my breath for a moment before opening the door; hopefully Lance was dressed casually too.

Lance knocked again, so I opened the door. Lance was dressed in casual clothes as well. I sighed in relief.

"You ready?" he asked with a grin.

"Yep," I responded, stepping out and shutting the door behind me.

Together we made our way down to the car. I raised an eyebrow at the Subaru Outback. Lance laughed.

"My mom's car, remember?"

"She needs a new one," I told him, getting in the passenger's side.

Lance slid into the driver's seat and shrugged. "I think it's fine."

He started the engine and quickly pulled out of my driveway, barely checking to see if anyone was coming. I nervously looked out the window.

Driving with Lance definitely wasn't one of my favorite things to do. He was a very reckless driver. He turned on the radio and flipped through the stations, barely paying attention to the road.

"The road, Lance," I snapped, batting his hand away from the radio. "Pay attention to the road!"

He laughed. "Chill, I can drive fine."

I rolled my eyes. "Right. Where are we going anyways?"

"A place downtown," Lance responded vaguely.

I immediately thought of Mr. Heywood's warning. It felt like he was foreshadowing something. I quickly shook the thought of my head. It wasn't like anything could happen inside the restaurant.

When we arrived at the restaurant I relaxed completely. It was brightly lit and the parking lot was right next to the building. We even got the parking place closest to the building.

Lance shut off the car and quickly got out. I unbuckled myself and opened the door. There was a thump and a grunt.

I looked out the window and noticed Lance standing there, rubbing his side.

"What are you doing?" I asked, waiting for him to move back a few steps before opening my door fully.

"I was going to open the door for you," he told me.

I laughed. "There's no need. I can do it myself."

Lance frowned at me. I returned his look.

"You don't..."

"Don't what" I asked.

"Oh, never mind," he said with a sigh. "I should have known."

"Should have known what?" I demanded, frowning deeper.

Lance put his arm around my shoulder. "Forget about it."

"I wanna know now."

"Too bad."

I fake growled at him. He poked me in the side.

"What are you? A tiger?"

I ignored him and he continued poking me.

"Stop poking me, Mr. Hey-" I cut myself off when I realized what I said.

I couldn't believe I had just said Mr. Heywood's name! And in front of Lance! He probably had Casey's idea in his head too.