Chapter Six

October 23rd, 2009

Riley's POV

"... And then I was like, Vic, you can't just tell Tony to text me. He'll text me when he wants. And he's like, if I don't, that shy punk would be too scared too. Then Tony was like, I'm not a shy punk! And then Vic was like, Then text her! And I was like, no, Tony, text me when you really want to, not when Vic says. And then Tony texted me saying 'Hang up and call me' so I just hung up on Vic and called Tony."

"Whoa, girl, what the heck is wrong with you? I didn't hear a word you said. Too many words!" Jada exclaimed as she covered her ears. I laughed and shook my head as I sipped my tea while practically bouncing in the booth we were sitting in at this cafe nearby.

"I'm sorry. I just got really excited. This is the first time I had a guy friends and one that may possbily be my new boyfriend in a long time. Gosh, I just can't imagine that. Especially since they are really cool guys." Jada raised an eyebrow and pointed a finger at me warningly.

"Don't. Don't ruin it. You need this. To have guy friends and a boyfriend who cares for you. Gosh, I'm so glad you met Vic and he's playing match maker. Though, I think he secretly likes you or something." Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"He's hooking me up with his best pal and bandmate. Yeah, he totally likes me." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at Jada. She shook her head, smirking.

"He may not realize it but he's just trying to keep you close. I think he's just finding a reason to keep hanging out with you and secretly wishes it doesn't work out between you two." She shrugged, sipping her coffee. "I don't know. I just see you two together, more than I see you and Tony but if you are happy, then I am happy."

"Good because you are wrong once again about Vic. Besides, I like Tony and Vic is taken so I think I'll stick with the single, adorable guitarist." I said, smiling wide. She looked behind me and smirked as she leaned back in her chair.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear." I blinked at her words before turning to see Tony walking in with a grey hoodie and a black jacket on top as the fall cold breeze came in a little after he did.

"Tony!" I exclaimed as I shot out of my seat and ran over to him for a hug. His arms wrapped around my waist securely and he chuckled at my excitement.

"Hey, sorry I'm early. I just couldn't wait to see you again." He said as he pulled away, grinning.

"Aww, I couldn't wait either." I said as I blushed, hiding my face with my red hair again as he held my hand in his, still smiling that adorable smile.

"Riley!" We broke out of our trance and I turned my head to see Vic grinning as he came inside, wearing a beanie and a zipped up hoodie, the fall cold breeze coming in again after him.

"Vic!" I exclaimed, happy to see my new friend as I ran into his arms, immediately welcomed by his surprising warmth and comfort in his arms.

"How are you?" He asked in my ear before I pulled away to face him with a smile.

"I'm good, how about you? Ready for the date tonight? I cannot wait until that lucky girl you are with." I said, grinning as we walked back from the door to my table.

"Oh, she's great. You'll love her. Maybe even become friends with her."

"That'd be great." I said, smiling wide at him as he grinned back down at me.

"Uh, so are we ready to go or...?" Tony asked, approaching us. I turned my attention to him and smiled.

"Yeah, let me just grab my purse and phone and say goodbye to Jada." I said before rushing to the table and hugging my best friend goodbye while grabbing my stuff to go.