Chapter One

September 18th, 2009

Riley's POV

"Riley! I need you to stock these up on aisle seven!" My boss yelled as he placed a big box on the counter in front of me. I groaned before taking the box and walking away from the cash register.

"Carly! Take my spot for a bit!" I yelled at my co-worker before continuing on through the store, looking for aisle seven. I was new here and yet they had me running around like I was their pet.

Huffing, I flipped my red hair away from my face with just a wave of my head and began squinting at the numbered aisles, looking for seven.

But obviously fate had different plan as I bumped into some guy, causing the box to tip over and fall. Condom boxes and my cell phone flew across the floor as I landed right on my bum.

"Oh well, there goes the condoms." The guy said as he bent down, helping me pick up the boxes. He handed me my phone but not before checking my home screen and smirking.

"You like my band, huh?" I froze at the last box of condoms before slowly looking into the brown eyes of Vic Fuentes. He smiled awkwardly as my eyes widened.

I did not just drop a box of condoms in front of my favorite singer. Crap.

"Oh, uh, well, I, uh, yeah." I said, hiding my red face behind my red hair. Vic laughed at my awkwardness and helped me stand up.

"Well, it's nice to meet a fan, though I wish it was in different circumstances." He said, taking the condom box from my hand awkwardly. My eyes widened as I realized he was buying condoms.

For his girlfriend.

That information was not needed to be known by the socially awkward girl working at CVS.

"Oh well, uh, enjoy your, uh, night!" I exclaimed awkwardly before picking up the box and turning to leave but I was interrupted by his hand on my elbow.

"Actually, um, is there, uh, bigger size of condoms than this?" Vic said awkwardly, handing me back the box. If my face wasn't red before, it certainly was burning now.

"I, uh, wouldn't know that... Here." I handed Vic the big box that held the condoms so that he could look through them. He chuckled before looking through it.

"Thanks...?" He trailed, looking for my name. I smiled and held my hand out for him, to which he took naturally.

"Riley. I'm Riley." I said, smiling. He grinned but didn't let go.

"Well you obviously know my name already but I'm Vic." He said, finally letting go after a minute. I grinned and began walking to aisle seven with next to me.

"So you work here?" He asked, hands in his pockets. I nodded.

"Yup, I actually just started today..."

"What a first day, huh?" He said, laughing. I laughed along as I placed the box down next to my feet before placing them on the right shelf. Vic began looking around the aisle, before grabbing a bottle of shampoo for himself.

When I raised an eyebrow at him, he shrugged. "I needed a new one."

Laughing, I finished up with the packing, wondering why the post hardcore singer was still hanging around when Carly began yelling from the cash register.

"Riles! Come back to the register! I need to go help the other newbie with the back room!" She yelled before disappearing. I chuckled before rushing to the register and attending to the mother there with her child.

As soon as they left, Vic stood before me with a bottle of shampoo and conditioner and the box of condoms on the counter. He grinned.

"You mind if I hang around for a bit? I really don't have anything else to do."