Chapter Two

September 24th, 2009

Riley's POV

"What was that, sweet pea?"

"I said I would like to know where I can get the head chains in here?" I asked again, a little louder than before. The natural blonde country girl working at this store just blinked before Jada rolled her eyes and stepped in.

"Do you know where the head chains are located at?" She asked in a sweet voice. The country girl smiled and nodded, pointing somewhere at the back of the store before walking away. Jada turned to me and shook her head.

"You really need to learn to speak up and stop being so dang awkward with people. No wonder Vic didn't ask for your number!" She exclaimed, walking towards the chains. I gasped.

"That was not the reason! He has a girlfriend! He was doing her that night! Besides, I can't help but be awkward. It's in my blood. At least I'm trying." I said, crossing my arms as we arrived at our destination. Jada chuckled.

"Well try harder, Riles and we would have found these faster." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever."

We bought two head chains each and decided to walk around the mall and see what we find. There were teenagers and a few adults everywhere in groups walking by us, having the time of their lives.

Except one girl whose boyfriend just broke up with her. Ouch.

"Hey, look! Hot Topic!" Jada exclaimed before we both rushed over to the store, excited to buy some band merch.

"Look at this, Riles! Sleeping with sirens!" Jada exclaimed, holding up a shirt in front of her, grinning. I laughed and held up Falling in reverse's shirt.

"FIR! I yelled, before we both laughed and turned back to the shirts. I pulled out a Pierce the Veil and whirled around. "PTV! Haha."

I froze when instead of seeing Jada in front of me, I see Vic smirking down at me. "We're amazing, right?"

I laughed nervously as I put the shirt down. "Yeah, I mean, what are you doing here?"

Vic chuckled at my awkwardness and pointed at a long, dark haired singer, running around the store with his band mates and a camera. "Kellin wanted to check out the new merch out for our bands. Plus, there's an acoustic show later."

"Really? I didn't know that." I said, shocked. I would usually know those things but I guess work had me occupied lately. Figures.

"Yeah, you should come." Vic said, poking my arm. I shrugged, smiling.

"Maybe I will. Who knows?" Vic grinned before Kellin came around, throwing an arm around his neck, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Mine, girl. He's mine. Back away." He said and I just laughed. They were too funny.

Kellin shook his head, laughing. "I'm Kellin. I'm assuming you know Vic?"

"We met at CVS." Kellin looked confused before a slow grin spread across his face.

"Really? What were you doing at CVS, Vic?" He asked slowly. Vic blushed bright red.

"Buying condoms..."

"Oh... How awkward this just got." Kellin said before we all started laughing.

"It's fine now. I must go now and find my friend, Jada." Kellin stared behind me, before pointing.

"You mean the girl on Justin's back?"

"What?" I whirled around in confusion before seeing Jada on Justin's back, reaching for something in his hands.