Chapter Four

September 30th, 2009

Riley's POV

The next time I saw Vic was somewhere I didn't expect at all.

"Justin is picking me up from your mom's house for our second date." Jada said as she made herself at home on my old childhood bed. Last time I slept in here was when I was 18 before I moved out. I didn't take any of my posters of Justin Timberlake, The Beatles or even MCR because the apartment I lived in now was shared with a roommate and the walls were decorated with portraits and stuff so I felt it was best to leave them here and take them with me when I move into a better place alone.

"Second date, huh? After how the first one went?" I asked, grinning as I sat down on my computer chair while she just glared at me.

Justin decided to take her to Coney Island and put her in the water while they were there. He didn't know she was on her period at the time and she gave him an earful about her embarrassing moment.

Then he tried taking her to a sushi resturant without her knowing, only to find out she was allergic to fish and he took her to the hospital before her symptoms could worsen. Justin took her home after she was better, bought her chocolates as an apology and she called me to address her painful night.

So having a second date was a bit shocking to say the least.

"He kept texting and calling saying how sorry he was but that he really wanted us to work. When I agreed, he asked me all these types of questions just to be sure there would be no complications tonight." Jada said, sighing as she layed herself flat on my bed. "He doesn't realize how desperate he sounds."

"Oh be nice, Jada. You would be desperate too if you ruined a date with a guy without meaning to. Dates are meant to get to know each other and well, on your first date, you both learned something about each other." She raised her heard to raise an eyebrow at me.

"What did I learn from him?"

"That he's only human and makes mistakes. Also that he's a bit desperate to have this date with you so he must really like you. And he plans cool first dates. I mean, the beach? Heck, last time I went on a date with a guy, he took me to a basketball game." I said, rolling my eyes at the memory.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You like basketball, though."

"It was for the team I hated but since he loved that team and didn't care what I liked, he took me there." I said and Jada winced, laughing a bit.

"Ouch. No wonder you are reluctant to go out with Tony." I felt my face heat up and I tried hiding it with my red hair.

"W-what? I'm not reluctant!" I said in a squeaky voice. She rolled her eyes.

"Your voice only squeaks when you are in denial, Riles. Just go on one date with the boy."

"He hasn't asked me out yet. Heck, I don't think he even asked Vic for my number and I don't think Vic offered him it either." I said as I stood up from the chair, looking for my phone. I know I put it somewhere in the room.

"Well, I heard the boy is shy so I doubt he'd be able to ask you out-"

"Shy my ass. That boy was the most adorableest thing at the diner and I swear if I wasn't falling for his smile, his personality would have had me dead in a minute." I paused and sighed. "But still, I'm not letting Vic play match maker. I have my sister and you for that."

"Well, I haven't set you up on a date in months so it's only been your sister trying. Vic is just taking my place while I get a chance at a date with a bassist from a post hardcore band." Jada held up my phone and I rolled my eyes, taking it from her and seeing with my mom texting me a grocery list for dinner tonight. I loved helping my mom around the house even though I didn't live with her anymore. It made up for the fact that she's doing everything by herself, plus I have nothing else to do but repay her.