Chapter Five

September 30th, 2009- Continuation...

Riley's POV

"Tony! Hey, how's it going?" I asked a bit too hyper but I just didn't know how to react. I didn't think he'd call me and now he has my number. He actually wanted my number!

Tony chuckled over the phone, causing my heart to melt. "It's good. Great now that I finally got the courage to get your number from Vic."

"Aww, you know you could have just asked me if you wanted my number."

"I know I'm a coward." I rolled my eyes at his words. He's too cute.

"No, you're not. You are just too kind to ask and seem rude or like any other guy who only want... You know..."

Tony laughed out loud at this. "Oh, no! I mean, I like you but I wouldn't take it that far until we're both ready and you want it."

"Are you trying to ask me something, Tony?" I asked, laughing at how he sounded. He made it seem like we were already dating. Tony laughed.

"Right. Will you go out on a double date with me, Vic and his girlfriend? Maybe if we're lucky, I can take you somewhere else after. It's this really cool place that I think you'd love to see." I smiled.

"I'd love to, Tony. When?"

"October 23rd." My eyes widened.

"Wow, kind of far, huh?"

"Yeah, we're leaving for a concert and stuff and to work in the studio for a week or so in LA but we'll be back before then for the date."

"That's perfect, Tony. I can't wait."

"Neither can I. I'll text you the details when its ready, okay?"

"Okay. Bye Tony."

"Bye Riley." As soon as we hung up, I shook my head as I looked out the window at my mother's house. I think I just need time before I even consider talking to my dad. Hopefully my mother can understand that.

But right now, I think I need my best friend.

*

"Riley?" Jada's eyes were wide as I walked into the resturant. Justin looked relieved, though, and surprised me with a hug.

I know he texted me that this was an emergency but I didn't expect to find them in one piece.

"Riley! What a surprise! You know, Vic told me to tell you something so if you would just come with me please?" He asked, smiling both Jada and me. Jada shrugged and I just looked at him.

"Uh, sure?" As soon as the words left my mouth, Justin was already dragging me towards the hall by the bathrooms and looked panicked as he made sure Jada wasn't looking.

"Help me this date is going bad." I raised an eyebrow.

"Is that what Vic said for you to tell me?"

"No! I just lied so Jada won't be suspicious." I nodded, understanding what was happening.

"Oh. How bad is it?"

"We have nothing in common. No foods, drinks, colors or even sports team. How can we date if she can't cheer for my team but she could for the opposing team!" It was hard trying to keep up with him as he was on full panic tonight. I guess the last date really scarred him. Hilarious.

"Whoa, calm down Hills! I'm sure you'll find something. Just think hard!"

"I'm not letting you ruin this date man!" I jumped at the sound of Kellin's voice next to me and turned to see him there, glaring at his buddy.