Chapter 8

Peter Parker & More Churros

Jericho found Peter interesting. He was a naturally nervous being and she wondered how this boy could be an Avenger when he couldn't even complete a sentence without stuttering over his words. After he bolted from her floor, Jericho decided to change so she wouldn't give him a heart attack. She grabbed her X-Men suit and struggled to get into the skin-tight abomination before tossing her hair into a braid and stalking out of her room.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., where's Stark?"

"In his lab, Miss Jericho. Shall I send you up?"

Jericho nodded as she stepped into the elevator.

"Please."

When she stepped out onto the lab floor, she was met with blasting AC/DC music and Jericho suddenly had a headache. She began to uncontrollably glitch between her own shadow and reality as she tried to block out the excessive noise. In seconds, the music was turned off and Jericho's body was solid again. She unplugged her ears and examined her skin.

Tony stared at her with concern. He didn't think the mutant would react to loud music like that and he wondered if she had ever attended a concert before. He approached her slowly before taking a deep breath.

"I didn't know loud noises intervened with your mutation," he commented and Jericho frowned.

"Neither did I."

~

After Jericho and Tony's newest discovery about her mutation, she found herself hooked onto random machines with a doctor, Helen Cho, checking over her.

"Your mutation is extraordinary!" The doctor breathed and Jericho smirked.

"You should meet Kitty then. She's a more advanced version of myself."

The doctor wasn't sure why the noise had bothered Jericho, except for maybe that the sound waves had something to do with her mutation. In the end, F.R.I.D.A.Y. sent out a warning to every worker that the noise anywhere shall not be too excessive. Doctor Cho unraveled Jericho from the machines and gave her a business card.

"Day or night, if anything is wrong, don't hesitate to call me. Have a pleasant day, Miss Kaur." Jericho nodded and placed the card in her breast pocket. The doctor left and Tony slowly walked up to her. He gave a soft, pained smile before clearing his throat.

"First day and already I've caused you some sort of pain. That's a record, " Tony muttered as he offered her some chips he pulled out of nowhere. Jericho accepted the chips.

"Don't pin this on yourself. It could have been anyone."

Jericho took the moment to examine Tony's lab. Suits of different models all stood around and random pieces scattered every surface possible. Mountains of papers towered in corners and in the corner of her eye, Jericho even spotted a pair of underwear hanging off a lamp. Overall, the place was a mess. Jericho shook her head as she saw multiple wrappers of hamburgers and chips.

"Does no one clean in here? Smells like socks," she commented and Tony glared at her.

"Peter's already in the training room. I'll introduce you two."

"Is he a lanky, awkward boy who jitters too much?" Jericho asked. Tony gave her a weird look.

"He came onto my floor on accident," she explained and Tony nodded.

"Then let me just brief you and the both of you can get to work."

They walked to the training room making small talk about the stupidest things. They soon got into a heated discussion about the color yellow.