Chapter 4

M.U.D.

Jericho glanced at the professor with confused eyes. She turned back to Fury with a raised eyebrow.

"M.U.D.?"

"Yes. The M.U.D. program. It stands for the Mutant Unification Delegation."

Jericho blinked with disgust.

"... That's an awful name."

"The guy who gives the names is on vacation right now, we had to improvise," Fury huffed. Jericho frowned but allowed him to continue.

"The Avengers are losing face with the public and while we devised a program that would be good publicity, we figured if the X-Men and our newest Avengers teamed up, it would be good exposure. You know, show the world we are on their side."

Jericho scoffed.

"I am not an X-Men."

"Your powers would interest the public. It will show the rest of the world that mutants aren't dangerous. It's a chance to make a difference."

Those were the same words Kitty had said and Jericho figured this man must've given the same speech to her friend. She knew a lot of mutants hid away from the rest of the world and thought their uniqueness to be a curse more than a blessing. But if Jericho could make a difference, even in only one person, she knew it would mean the world to them.

Jericho looked up again to Director Fury. She huffed before narrowing her eyes.

"I have conditions."

"Name them."

"I will not be placed in dangerous situations. I'm not stupid to run off into some suicide mission."

"Deal."

"And I get to take my turtle with me."

"Fine."

"And you'll take me to India so I can see my parents."

"Consider it done. Anything else?" Fury asked, a bit annoyed. Jericho suddenly smirked.

"And I want an endless supply of churros from the vendor in front of the movie theater from the next town over."

"..."

"..."

"You have yourself a deal, Miss Kaur. Welcome to M.U.D."

~

Kitty and Jericho were packing up their suitcases when their door burst open, with Bobby, Rogue, and John walking in.

"You all ready to kick some ass, ladies?" John asked and Kitty threw a shoe at him.

"I still have to pack my bathroom stuff," Kitty said as she threw random unnecessary things into her suitcase. Jericho was going over her checklist when Bobby nudged her.

"What did they promise you that made you join us, Jiji?"

"A lot of churros and a trip to India."

Bobby and Rogue awed but John looked flabbergasted.

"Wait a minute, we could've asked for things?!"

After the girls were done, and Jericho held her turtle, Ringo, in her arms they headed out to the front where they would all be traveling to the city with the Avengers. At the front door, Charles, Hank, Jean, Scott, and Logan waited. They smiled as the five mutants approached them. Jericho ignored everyone else and headed straight over to Logan.

"You look worried," she commented and Logan frowned.

"You're leaving with a bunch of weirdos to join a program we know nothing about, of course, I'm worried, bud."