Chapter 7

Stark Tower

When Jericho woke, she padded her way to the kitchen, where a plate of waffles and a note sat.

Hope you like waffles! Have a good day with Tony and don't be afraid to hit him if he gets annoying!

- P.P.

Jericho smiled at the note and tossed it aside. She immediately sunk her fork into the plate of beautiful waffles. She scarfed it all down before chugging her glass of milk. Her day was officially off to a great start and she wondered what Tony had in store for her. She loved her new place. Although she had been anxious about the AI keeping track of her 24/7, Jericho learned that F.R.I.D.A.Y. was amazing. Anything Jericho wanted, F.R.I.D.A.Y. had it for her in seconds. Last night, the loud sounds of the city wouldn't let her sleep, and the AI had asked if she wanted to soundproof her room. It was a heavenly sleep afterward.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., can you turn on the news please?"

"Of course, Miss Jericho."

Another interesting thing about her new living arrangements was that she didn't just have a room to herself, but an entire floor, complete with a kitchen and common room. Pepper promised to take her clothes shopping as soon as she had some time off, although Jericho insisted she didn't have to.

She was ten minutes into eating another plate of waffles Pepper had left when her phone flashy phone began to ring. She was so enchanted by the delicious waffles she didn't even glance at the caller ID.

"Hello?!"

"JIJI!"

Jericho flinched and pulled the phone away as her ears began to ring. She groaned.

"Use your inside voice, Kitty."

"I just miss you so much and you forgot to call me yesterday!" Kitty whined and Jericho remembered she had promised to call but had unfortunately forgotten.

"I'm sorry, I got distracted."

"This is the longest we have ever been apart from each other and I don't feel right!"

It was true, Jericho and Kitty had never been apart for more than a day except for once and it was a strange day that nobody liked to talk about.

"Are you at least having fun?"

"No, I'm lonely!" She whined again.

"Well, I'm having fun..."

"Don't say that to me, Jericho!" Kitty cried more. Jiji chuckled before turning down the television.

"Give Rogue the phone," Jericho commanded. She waited a few seconds before a familiar southern accent filled the phone.

"Jiji, how's it going sugar?"

"Better than I thought, honestly. How's Kitty, she doesn't sound very stable?"

"She's uh... Coping. Didn't realize being away from you and Bobby would affect her so much."

"She'll calm down in a week. Just keep her busy with magazines and gummy snacks, she should be good. How are you holding?"

"There are people like us here, Jiji," Rogue suddenly whispered and Jericho became interested. She hummed softly, allowing her friend to keep going.

"They call themselves Inhumans though. A bit odd if you ask me. There's this girl who can create tremors in the ground and another girl who can run hella fast. It's fascinating," she continued. Jericho knew there were more people out there like them, but she didn't expect them to be so common within S.H.I.E.L.D.

"How's the supervisor over in the playground?"

"He's actually very sweet. He reminds me a little of Charles."

"Is he British too?"

"No."

"That's disappointing."

Jericho and Rogue talked for half an hour before Kitty stole her phone back to talk to her best friend. After Kitty insisted on one day figuring out how to facetime each other, Jericho was able to say goodbye to her girls and hang up. But a sour feeling arose in her and she suddenly felt homesick. She immediately dialed Logan.

"Hey, bud how's it going?"

"Logan, I miss you."

"... I miss you too, Jiji."

She talked for another hour with Logan, Charles, Hank, and Scott, all wondering how her time with Tony Stark was going. After she insisted she was more than fine, they let her go. Jericho frowned as she was left to her own thoughts. She stared at the television with no real interest until she heard a ding from the elevator.

Jericho grew defensive and curious when a lanky boy stumbled out of the elevator. His brown hair flopped out of place as he panted harshly, trying to regain his breath. Jericho watched him as his eyes darted around, clearly confused as to where he was.

He finally saw Jericho. The boy's face flushed such a deep red, Jericho thought he would explode. He began to play with the ends of his light blue sweater nervously and he looked straight to the floor.

"I am so sorry, I was just looking for Mr. Stark," the boy stuttered as he refused to raise his eyes to her. Jericho figured it was the lack of clothes that made him uncomfortable but Jericho didn't think her top and shorts were too bad. She looked over the boy and shrugged before turning away.

"It's fine. You don't look like a pervert anyway," Jericho said and the boy turned redder if that was even possible. Jericho deemed him a cute one, something rare in the species that were classified as man.

It was an awkward silence for what seemed like forever until Jericho turned back to the boy and frowned.

"You can leave now."

"Thank you," the boy said and rushed back into the elevator, leaving her floor as soon as possible.

Jericho watched as he left.

"What an awkward little man."

*unedited*