Chapter 6

Jericho & Tony

"So your powers and that Kitty girl are sorta the same, no?" Tony asked.

"In a way. Kitty has the ability to phase through anything solid, including people. If she touches you, she passes on her abilities and you can also phase. She disturbs the electrical field around her as well but every power has a limit. When Kitty is passing through something, she can't breathe. So if she is traveling underground, she can only do so as long as she can hold her breath. "

"As for myself, my power is also a type of phasing but I can travel between shadows as long as I desire. I can take people with me through my shadow as long as I'm touching them too. But I rely on light too much. Without it, I can't exactly conjure up a shadow to travel between. That is my limit. Without a light, I am absolutely useless and might as well consider myself dead."

The rest of the ride was Tony giving details about his home. She learned that his girlfriend lived with him as well. Jericho was looking forward to meeting the Pepper Potts who could manage to be around Tony Stark for more than an hour.

Because Jericho was already losing her mind with his blabbering.

"Does he ever shut up?" Jericho asked Happy. The driver chuckled and shook his head.

"It's a wonder when he does."

"I've been attacked... By my own shadow and chauffeur. I'm offended," Tony said as he dramatically threw his head back. Jericho felt a tug at her lips before turning her back on the billionaire, looking out the window.

"Have you ever been to Manhattan?" He then asked. Jericho hummed.

"The city life isn't for me. Never will be."

Tony frowned. She didn't exactly answer his question, but he could only assume Jericho at some point in her life had visited the city and hated it.

"What's your turtle's name?" He then asked as he pointed to the reptile sitting comfortably on Jericho's lap.

"Ringo."

"After the Beatles drummer?"

"Exactly."

Tony nodded before leaning back in his seat. He sent a quick text to Pepper informing her that the newest inhabitant of the tower liked the Beatles. Pepper had been pestering him for information on the young girl so she could decorate her room accurately. So far, all Tony knew was that Jericho liked turtles and the Beatles.

"Favorite color?"

Jericho frowned and turned to her mentor.

"Why do you need to know?"

"Just answer the question, Jericho."

"Well, not that its any of your business, but it's white and mellow yellow."

"Isn't that the same thing as regular yellow?"

"No, there is a big difference! Regular yellow is a horrible color compared to the other yellows," Jericho snapped, becoming very defensive of the color yellow. Tony raised his hands in defense but nodded.

"Okay, okay fine... Mellow yellow... Is there a certain reason why?" Tony continued to press on.

"It's the color of my favorite flower."

"And that is...?"

Jericho narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, but nonetheless, she answered.

"The tree is called a Mesua. It sprouts these little white flowers with a thick light yellow middle. The tree is rare in India, but there used to be one growing in front of my home. My mother used to yell at me for getting to close to the flowers. She said they were dangerous."