confringo

confringo (kon-FRING-goh); produces a fiery explosion

"Do you have one of these, Rolf?" Cassiopeia asked as Rolf waltzed inside the store, boxes in hand. Raising his brow at the object in Cassiopeia's hand, the man put down the boxes behind the registry before flipping the CLOSE sign over.

"A phone, aunt Cass?"

"Yep." Cassiopeia sighed. "Harry dragged me to buy one yesterday. I'm scared it might blow up. You know, magics and tecnology doesn't exactly go hand in hand."

"It won't, that Japanese tech-wizard had already put the necessary runes." Harry's voice came, and soon the owner of the voice appeared, carrying a steaming mug of coffee. His eyes fell to the boxes behind the cash registry, and he opened his mouth. "What's that?"

"Ah, these?" Rolf tapped one of the boxes. "You know me, I got bored and decided to look for Grandpa's old journals. Went to the attic, only to find these." He opened one of the boxes and dumps the contents on the dining table. Pictures scattered everywhere. Pictures that weren't moving, Harry noticed.

"Ah!" Cassiopeia exclaimed as she crossed the room in amazing speed. "Newt still keep it?"

"I don't know, it's in boxes labeled as 'CASSIE'S THINGY'," Rolf explained. "Thought Grandpa must've forgotten to give these back to you, and I was right."

"What are these, Aunt Cass?" Harry asked, picking one of the pictures. Cassiopeia stared at him, smiling beside a serious looking man with glasses, the both of them wearing labcoats. "And why is this so grainy?"

"Ah, you know Muggle's picture quality isn't exactly the best," Cassiopeia replied as she, too, picked one of the pictures. "And this was taken on the times of World War II. It's amazing to see that this survives."

Rolf threw her a weird glance. "You know, Aunt Cass, it's really weird knowing that you fought in the World War."

"Newt and Theseus fought in the War, too," Cassiopeia replied, shrugging.

"Yeah, but they... They looked different. Older. You, you still look exactly just like this."

"Blame it on the unicorn blood," Cassiopeia replied drily, flipping a picture. "It revives you, slows down your age process, rumoured to make you immortal, and also highly illegal."

"You're crazy." Rolf laughed. "I guess it's a luck that those two men saved your lifeㅡyou look as youthful as ever."

"I'm dying on the inside, but thanks for the praise." Cassiopeia threw him a mock curtsy and Rolf returned with a bow.

Harry chuckled at their antics before his hands came into contact with something hard and cold. Lifting the said objects up, he finds himself staring at the words toujours pur, underneath an intricate design he faintly remembered seeing in Grimmauld Place number 12. Realizing that he had found the Black family crest, he tapped Cassiopeia on the shoulders.

The woman puts down the photos she's holding before reaching for the crest with an unreadable expression. "Toujours pur," She said as she looked at the crest. "Do you know what that means?"

Without waiting for neither Rolf or Harry's answer, she continued. "Purity will always conquer." She smiled sadly as she weighed the crest in her hands. "It's ironic to know that yes, purity will always conquer, but not in the way they intended." She smiled sadly at Harry. "Purity. It's such a loose term, isn't it? My ancestors thought of blood purity. But love, a love so pure, saved the whole magical world. It conquered everything."

Before Harry could offer an answer to that, the ground shook as a loud explosion sound reverbrates around the room. Both Harry and Rolf looked up, alarmed.

They are not strangers to explosion, after all, and know one when they heard one. Harry fought in a war, and Rolf frequented dragons. That leaves pretty much room for explosions.

"What...?" Harry began, as another explosion sounded, and with that, the sound of something crumbling. Crossing the room in several long strides, Rolf opened the door, peering outside.

Harry and Cassiopeia followed suit.

The second they looked outside, the sounds multiplied, mixed with screams of terrors and pain. Even Cassiopeia, with her years in the military, was surprised.

"What's going on?!" Cassiopeia had to half scream as another explosion echoes. Harry looked around, alarmed at the mass of people who were  running away, screaming. A rubble collapses, and in an instant Harry, Cassiopeia, and Rolf had already flicked their wands.

The rubble disappeared, but a pained expression appeared on Cassiopeia's face. Turning to Harry, she opened her mouth, "Haz, I need you to guide all the wounded here. No more magics in front of Muggles. I can afford to have my wand permit taken, but youㅡwhat else would you do if not an Auror? You have a family to support."

"Okay." Harry nodded. "This will be the last." Pointing to his throat with his wand, he said, "Sonorus." He threw both Rolf and Cassiopeia a grim smile. "See you both,"

And with that, he moved towards the throng of people, his voice boomed with the enhancing spell, guiding people. "INJURIES THIS WAY, INJURIES THIS WAY!"

Cassiopeia nodded before retreated back inside. Closing the door, she conjured up a few stretcher. Summoning a bag, she stuffed a good amount of first aid kits. She charmed the bag with an enlargement spell before stuffing the stretcher inside and handing the bag to Rolf. "Can you help Harry? And don't use spells, Rolf. You're an American. It'd be harder for you should we end up later in court."

Rolf nodded. Taking the bag, he made his way towards the door. "Best of luck, Aunt Cass."

"Best of luck." Cassiopeia replied softly before she summoned another medical bag. Making her way outside, she assesed he surroundings. Screams filled the air, mixed with sounds of cars blaring. Looking up, Cassiopeia reeled back in shock.

Cassiopeia had seen her fair share of weird things. You have to grow accustomed to it, being a witch, and a Black.

But this, this is new.

It seemed like somebody tore the sky open, and in its place, is a black hole. Not just any ordinary black hole, Cassiopeia notices. Something is pouring out of the black hole continously.

A pained shriek jolted Cassiopeia back to her surroundings, and she quickly went over to where the sound was coming from. It's a woman, blood pouring from her head, a big chunk of rock held her legs in place, and Cassiopeia muttered a sorry before proceeding to struck her unconscious.

Vanishing the rubble with yet another burst of magic, Cassiopeia heaved a sigh as she heaved the woman into the stretcher. Suddenly realizing that she could not carry the stretcher all on her own, Cassiopeia grimaced before she waves her wand yet again.

The stretcher floats slightly, and Cassiopeia steered it towards Ancient Constellation, still grimacing.

MACUSA will have a field day extracting fine money out of her in the court.

♤♤♤

Thank you, thank you, thank you and sorry! Thank you for sticking up until now, and sorry for the long hiatus! I wrote so many drafts that I managed to confuse even myself, and was so confused with how I want the story to proceed, but now Cassiopeia have chosen her own path.

So, once again, thank you for sticking up with Cass!

and thank you for the kind comments! you guys really are the best, and I appreciate every. single. one of them. Reading those comments made me incredibly happy!

xx,
alo-homora

(ps. I even forgot the plot of the last chap. I'm sure you're like that, too, or maybe my mind is just spongy?)