arresto momentum

Arresto momentum (ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum); used to decrease the velocity of a moving target; it should be noted that it can be used on multiple targets, as well as on the caster himself.

Cassiopeia didn't know how she did it. Okay, that was a lie. She knew how she did it, she turned herself into a dove. But as she swerved right and left, following Fred's clumsy-driven car, she could not think straight.

All she could hear is her own small heartbeat, thumping in a thump-thump sounds. She gritted her teeth and came to a halt when Fred stops his car.

The man exited his car and shielded his face. Cassiopeia swerved down behind a building and transformed herself back.

"Going so soon?" Cassiopeia's cold voice snapped the man. He turned around, looked at the small woman, and sneered.

"You should've bring back up, doll. I don't know how can you get here so fast without one of those barbaric man and woman--" He stopped, his face scrunched in annoyance.

"But I can assure you that coming here was a mistake." He smiled. "Now, shoot!" With the word shoot, he pulled the trigger.

"Arresto momentum." Cassiopeia whispered, only enough for her to hear. She watched Fred's confused face in triumph as the bullet slows down, hitting Cassiopeia's shoulder with a slow pop.

Fred didn't waste any time. He cocked his gun, and a bullet came soaring toward Cassiopeia. The latter muttered the time slowing spell, and waited for the bullet, which never come, because right at the moment a hand pulled Cassiopeia sideways, staggering the young woman.

She yelped in surprise, and found herself staring face to face with the brand-new Steven Grant Rogers. "What are you doing here?!" The man snapped, and Cassiopeia gulped before scrambling up.

Fred was watching them all the time, chuckling silently to himself as he points his gun at them. "Well, well," He drawls. "If it's not our new hero."

He spat out the word hero with so much disgust that if she was Steve Rogers, she'd strangle him, gun or no gun.

"Yes, your new hero is here and is ready to take you down." Steve replied with so much hostility that Cassiopeia had to blink twice to affirm that the man beside her is indeed the timid Steven Rogers.

Fred only barked a laugh before cocking his gun. "Well, I take it you're ready to die, too, then?"

The bullet came so suddenly that even when Cassiopeia had casted her arresto momentum spell, she still felt the effects of the bullet.

Staring down at the hole on the left side of her chest, she barked a laugh as she eyed the wide-eyed, shock-stricken Steve Rogers on her left.

"Aren't you America's new hero? You should catch him, then."

With those last few words, Cassiopeia tumbled on the ground, landing with a soft thud.

Fred Clemson chuckled mercilessly as he, cocked his gun yet again. "Aw, she died."

Steve Rogers clenched his fist as he stared at the man. He know he have to win this battle. He must.

Fred Clemson aims, and Steve wait for him to shoot.

A shoot which never came, because the man suddenly bolted to his left. Cursing, Steve started to follow him, unaware of two shadows lurking on an abandoned ship near the two of them.

As soon as Fred Clemson and Steve Rogers is out of sight, the two men emerges.